Contributing Member crowe motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default Runoffs entertainment

Well I started dusting the car off yesterday from the May Road Atlanta F1000 Championship Races. Today I was mixing some resin to to begin fiberglassing the damage an FV inflicted on me in Q1 at Road Atlanta. So I am starting to gear up for the biggest event of the year and see we have a great schedule for the Runoffs.

Monday 2:50
    Tuesday 10:00
    Wednesday 5:30
    Thursday 2:00
    Friday 9:45 Race Day

With this being maybe the last Runoffs at RA in a while I have a few thoughts on eateries we could target for those of us not having to work late. KNOCK ON WOOD! So let's try and get together.

Target Monday night. Siebkens is a must! By the Victorian Village in town with bar type food but a historical racers favorite. Check out the poster over the urinal. There is a SCCA welcoming party going on downtown as well.

Target Tuesday night. Schwartz's Dinner Club is a must! (Take County J out of town, then left on County H (it turns a hard right at some point) and when you get to a little town Schwartz's is on your right. It has a huge bar and you order while at the bar and seating is when your salads are on the table. Excellent food at reasonable prices.

Wednesday with 5:30 Q may make for a late night for some, but if you can let's target the Paddock Club on Lake St. down the street from Siebkens. Great food. There are two more restaurants next to the Paddock Club that are great as well.

Thursday we have a F1000 party I hear.

Friday: Game on!

I am looking forward to a great event!

Michael (Crowe Motorsports)

Liked: 3787

All great choices.
    Schwarz's is a great experience.

Use this address in the GPS to find it.

Schwarz's Supper Club
    W1688 Sheboygan Road
    New Holstein, WI 53061

Telephone: 920-894-3598

Liked: 151

Isn't Monday night the welcome party? I've always enjoyed it. I wish they would turn the music down to make it easier to talk though.

And Thursday night the 50th celebration?

Liked: 1868

They probably turn it up on purpose for just that reason when you are around.

Liked: 11

If Wren brings the diet coke il bring the beer and whisky

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by teddale View Post
    Wren and I are *WAY* crazier than that. It wouldn't be diet coke, it would be the real thing, fully leaded regular coke...

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Whatcha wanna do...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Dixon View Post
    Wren and I are *WAY* crazier than that. It wouldn't be diet coke, it would be the real thing, fully leaded regular coke...
    is hit up a Mexican Bodega/****n'Git/Convenience store and get Cokes made in Me-hee-co - they are made with actual sugar, instead of the nasty ass'd HFCS we get here in the US.
    Remember when "New Coke" came out in the early-ish 80's and replaced the previous Coke, known simply as "Coca Cola". Remember how there was an uproar? Remember how after awhile they decided to drop the New Coke? Well those sneaky bastiges then came out with "Coca Cola Classic" which was billed as "Original (well not THE original w/ cocaine!) Recipe", 'cept for the fact that the sugar had been replaced w/ the HFCS, which saved 'em like 8-10 cents per can!

Now you know...

Liked: 702

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    is hit up a Mexican Bodega/****n'Git/Convenience store and get Cokes made in Me-hee-co - they are made with actual sugar, instead of the nasty ass'd HFCS we get here in the US.
    Remember when "New Coke" came out in the early-ish 80's and replaced the previous Coke, known simply as "Coca Cola". Remember how there was an uproar? Remember how after awhile they decided to drop the New Coke? Well those sneaky bastiges then came out with "Coca Cola Classic" which was billed as "Original (well not THE original w/ cocaine!) Recipe", 'cept for the fact that the sugar had been replaced w/ the HFCS, which saved 'em like 8-10 cents per can!

Now you know...
    Mika says:

Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by teddale View Post

Now you know...
    Dude there are bottles of Me-hee-can Coke in my fridge right now, you know, for special occasions. Acutually, it's available at Sam's Club here.

Back to Runoffs Entertainment

Default Snap!

Right along side the Mosport vid?

Mike B, that is more Spyke than Mika.

(You'll note that those claw marks are still on that steering wheel!)

Somebody get this train back on track - Strip Clubs? Hell they had 'em in Topeka (or so I heard)...
    Last edited by glenn cooper; 11.18.14 at 8:52 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

stripcubs? did I hear someone say stripclubs.....?In my dreams!!!!

Liked: 61

Default strip clubs in WI?

Gentlemen:

Not to stick my nose in here (FF racer lurking in your thread) but I lived in WI for eight years. 30 miles south of RA.

You do not want to see any Wisconsin women with their clothes off. That's an image you can't scratch out.

Back to racing, please....Supper Clubs, yes. Strip clubs? Really bad idea.

Really bad.

Bob

(with due respect to the four hot women in WI)

Liked: 52

Default Actually...

I went to a strip club in Green Bay called "The Steak House" (I think). Good times and good scenery. It was the perfect business expense!
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Contributing Member

Tim , I'll meet you there,,,,,,,,,

Contributing Member
    Liked: 27

Now you know...
    Been saying this for years. Also during Passover in NYC "Kosher Coke" is available. Same as Mexican and according to blind tests I did with Classic taste is night and day!

Quote Originally Posted by Zcurves View Post
    I went to a strip club in Green Bay called "The Steak House" (I think). Good times and good scenery. It was the perfect business expense!
    It's actually called the Oval Office but "Green Bay Steakhouse" shows up on your credit card statement. A guy I know told me that.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

That's it! Thanks Mike. The girls work very hard for their tips. Bob, I'm driving my RV so I might have to catch a ride. :-)

In regards to the original Coca Cola, I just saw on a Pawn Stars caption that there was 7mg of cocaine in every glass. No wonder people were hooked on it.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Contributing Member

no wonder i really liked the original coke,,,,, have rental car will pick up, Tim

You won't have to go far, Richard and I are right beside you in Competition B Paddock 296 and 298.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Contributing Member

i am so looking forward to the runoffs,,,,, its an adult vaction,,, i just love it ,, see you soon

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Default Runoffs party

Let's plan on Thursday evening - time and place to follow.

Contributing Member

Mike ,let me know how I can help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob

Hey Bob, did you ever work in a restaurant, how are your knife skills?

Contributing Member

Mike i can cut up gums with the best of em,,,,, just give me a scapel.......[ blood lust look on my face]!!!!

Default Party

Measure twice cut once as they say.

Monday night is the welcoming party some want to attend.
    Wednesday we have a 5:30 Qualifier.
    Thursday is the 50th celebration event that some want to attend.

So how about a Tuesday party (versus Thursday).

We will all be there. We are all on track before noon on Tuesday. We can start the party early for some. There will be plenty of time to recover for those that are over served since we are npt on track until our 5:30 Q on Wednesday.

What do you think? Mike, what do you think?

Mike, Currently my schedule will get me there on Wednesday but I may be changing my schedule to show up on Sunday to support some testing on some new product. I will let you know.

The series has discussed this and decided to stick with Thursday. More details coming.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 8

Getting Close !! Going to be great to have 23 F1000 cars represent.
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000
    f1000bwracing@highwaysystemsinc.com

Default Runoffs party

So just a couple of things in case I forget to mention them when I see you at the track,

Location is TBD but that will work it self out - we will keep you all posted.

Some of you will no doubt be going to the 50th party which starts early, I do not expect to serve dinner until 6:30 or 7:00 so leave some room.

Bring a chair - I have had one offer for some beverages but BYOB will be the general rule.

Bring your crew.

If any one wants to bring or solicit door prizes from vendors please do.

If anyone wants to help let us know as well.

Since this will be a mix of sports racer and FB I will have a way to separate the drawing for door prizes for both groups where appropriate.

Donations will be graciously accepted to cover the cost of the food, I have been doing this since the runoffs were at Mid O and I don't do it to make money in fact there have only been two years that we have covered the cost and I don't mind, it still costs me way less than it does for all of you to race but please don't be shy with the donation bucket. I will make sure that the food up to par!

I really look forward to seeing everyone, what a great field of cars and drivers, I can not wait.

Thanks buddy, see you in a week n' change!

Liked: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by crowe motorsports View Post
    Wednesday we have a 5:30 Qualifier.

Make sure that the guys understand that that is AM not PM.

And Thursday is a full moon

Ok I am going to redial my initial post for those looking for a destination depending on your schedule----if it permits. I know from experience things can go sideways quickly and change the best laid plans.

Crowe Motorsports has enlisted Young Racing (AKA Critter) to be my crew chief and run my program out of the Young Racing operation for this years Runoffs. He is also running some other notables in CSR and DSR. We are located midway down the front row of transporters nearest the hot pits in the main paddock.

Sunday Target: Seibkens
    Monday Target: Welcome party downtown
    Tuesday Target: Schawrtz's
    Wedensday Target: Paddock club downtown or restaurants next door
    Thursday Target: Mike Devins F1/Sports Racer party & can dip into 50th celebration event
    Friday Target: ?

Let's play hard, race hard, race fair and maximize the fun factor.

Liked: 0

I am going to be a spectator for the first time. My wife wants to go with me, but the fear is she'll get bored since I assume (totally ignorant here) that there's nothing to do but grunt about cars.

What's the general consensus on bringing wives? ? ?

What entertainment would the better half enjoy? She doesn't love the cars and smell of the track we do.

Default Well that depends...

If she shares the tiniest bit of interest in racing cars, AND she is totally at ease in a social situation where she knows absolutely no one...

Some folks can deal and be comfortable in a situation like that, most can/do not.

Turn the tables: She wants you to join her for a week of hanging with mostly women you have never met, who are so hung up on their passion (scrapbooking, horses, needlepoint, skydiving, quilting, work from home stuffing envelopes, Crossfit, wha-ever), that they have gone so far as to have wacky T shirts made to show their love of said hobby/sport/passion.

Their conversation is littered with inside terminology you'll be struggling to comprehend.
    Practice making the "Oh sure I know exactly what that's like/how that feels/btdt", cause there's gonna be 23 metric tons of it over the course of the RO's week...

This group of mostly women are friendly enough, especially during the nightly festivities where the Pinot Grigio will undoubtedly be flowing and stories will eventually start to be told: old high school conquests, shared menstrual cycles that one time at band camp, tips on dealing with menopause... You get the idea - You're with the one YOU love, hanging with people who all LOVE the same thing, but still you might feel... well "out of place" isn't far from the realm of possibility.

Of course it could be an incredible time, where together you bond over a shared passion, where your love for each other grows to never before thought possible heights, where DAILY glimpses of real, live unicorns and TRIPLE, yeah TRIPLE rainbows are the norm....

Or it might not. It's up to you, because entertainment in the Kettle Morraine area is not provided for you - ya gotta go and grab it by the shorties and make it happen!

I say bring it on, it'll be a grand social experiment, what can possibly go wrong?!!!

GC

Liked: 444

Coop, thanks for the laugh.

Liked: 3787

Sightseeing and shopping in Fond du Luc, Kohler, Oshkosh, Green Bay...

The Johnsonville brat headquarters are within a few miles of the track.

Just hanging out at the resorts on the lake downtown. Sign her up for a spa day at one of the resorts. Elkhart Lake has more tourists that come for the resort atmosphere than come to see race cars.

For a "race track town" Elkhart Lake is almost as nice as Watkins Glen for non-racing things to do.

Wife's third favorite venue after WGI & Laguna Seca.

Liked: 0

Glenn, it's scary how much we think alike.

My mind was also considering the 5 varieties of kale and sushi cooked in the comfort of a real kitchen, adjacent to a bathroom with 10 kinds of soap/moisturizer and clean hand towels.

Thanks for the info Purple Frog.

If she drinks good tequila Colleen will make her feel right at home at the Party.

Thread Information