Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default On board video help....

Since I am really challenged to even email or post stuff this request may seem odd but I want, need, someone to essentially be in total charge of fitting my Crossle 30F/Fit with a good reliable camera for the duration of the Runoffs at Rd America Sept 16-21.
    If you are a rep for a camera manufacturer I will buy the thing when all is said and done, hopefully learn how to operate it in the meantime, and then figure out about the whole video posting thing......
    While this car/driver combination, racing as 103 Racing, 103 being the combined ages of car and driver, will be far from the pointy end of the grid it all could, and better should, provide some interesting footage.
    Hell, I can even add one or maybe 2 to my Runoffs crew for access to the entire event.
    Probably have the odd adult beverage as well.......
    So, any videographers/camera sellers/amateur directors/producers out there, let me know.....

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Rand, I have a POV camera that I used in my FF I would sell you. Really easy to use. Wireless start/stop button mounts on the wheel. Pull the memory card out of the camera and stuff it in a PC then put it into windows media player. Done!
    1/2 price of new. Call me if interested.

Agnif
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 111

Default On board video help....

Front and rear or just front view?

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

Mike,
    I have finally had good lock with the contour roam. Just need someone to push the slider forwards before hitting the track. Just make sure you mount it so the vibration doesn't kill the video quality.
    Good Luck, and post the results!
    jim
    Last edited by swiftdrivr; 08.13.13 at 6:26 PM.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 1112

Seems to me a vendor has a prime sponsorship opportunity here..
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 23

So, I assembled a ReplayXD with the auxiliary loom they offer that started recording when it was powered up. It made it Tim proof on grid. It is easily duplicated but its not worth it to you to have me fly out there...because I don't travel for free...can do some electronic hand holding your through it if interested.
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Liked: 0

I am a Replay XD dealer and will be there with some replays for sale. There are two options with this camera one being a camera that records in 1080p and one that records in 720p. To me this is a personal preferance they both have great video quality. The only thing you lose going to Replay XD is wide angle. To me Go Pro's wide angle makes the video distorted but still a personal choice. As the guy above said you can have it set up to record when power is put to the camera using a switch already in use. There is also an external switch you can put in the car. These options are only on the 1080 camera. Depending on the car there are different mounting options. see their website here http://replayxd.com

Some of our video here https://vimeo.com/34799157

The 1080 is $300
    720 $150.

Please email me at Racert25@gmail.com if you are interested or have any questions.

Liked: 8

I have two ReplayXD 720s - had one, took it to Gingerman and it promptly died (16 mins into session says teh video). Sent it back for repair, said battery came unglued/soldered/etc... During that time, I was heading to RA, so I bought another one from Amazon...

I used the second one, stuck to the body work (alot less vibes, I hear) and it worked great the whole weekend. Here is a stellar video running into Ethan, ignore the bad driving and the bug spot on the lens:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ajBFfa53Q

I had a Contour GPS and it worked great for a year, now cuts out and dies. I do still use it on airplanes with better success, but still not great.

That all said - if you don't want to spend a bazillion on cameras for one event, and want some redundancy in case one does fail (they all seem to eventually...), I'll send you both of mine to use. Throw one on the left and one of right of the body or such..
    You'll need some of these: http://replayxd.com/product/flat-sna...3m-vhb-5-pack/
    as I have my snapmounts already mounted to the car.

Let me know if you to use them and I'll send them up to you.

-Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Liked: 9

I have two ReplayXD 1080s mounted on my roll hoop with their pipe mount clamps; a fore and an aft:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMryHP3KYV0&t=1069s

A competitor shared the third view footage with me from his ReplayXD. Much better video in comparison to GoPro, if you ask me. But then ponder that last bit of driving and ask yourself ...

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Re: On board video help....

Mike & Denny, Thx for the videos !
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Be forewarned about lending anything to this character... did you see what he did to his car last time out?
    aaron

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Jim Gustafson

I would recommend Jim and he is right there in Milwaukee:

Jim Gustafson
    Visual Communications
    contactus@vis-comm.com

Thanks to everyone for the input, I had forgotten about Jim Gustafson, local and all.
    In rooting around in the sty I call a shop I unearthed a 1080 Replay already here !
    God, what am I gonna forget next......
    So between trying it out on someones car at Summit at our finale in a week plus then stick it on the ex-Dan Pyanowski Tiga at Lime Rocks Historic Festival over Labor Day weekend, maybe by Runoffs time I can actually use the thing.
    But again, thanks to everyone for the ideas and input.
    And Aaron P, maybe I'll put it on your car at Summit so I can see exactly how you do whatever the hell you think it is you are supposed to do on track !???

Liked: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    And Aaron P, maybe I'll put it on your car at Summit so I can see exactly how you do whatever the hell you think it is you are supposed to do on track !???
    I foresee a red #15 in impound regardless of track position...
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 127

You should have no problems operating the Replay XD 1080, I have it, and it is very easy to use.

Not to mention, you have an iPhone, and we all know how good you are at using that! This camera should be a breeze!
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

I think we should probably be recommending something more period/age correct:

Liked: 444

The guy in the bottem pic must have a huge set of ball$.

And everyone thinks the riders, aka monkeys, on motorcycle sidecar racing are nuts......

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Re: On board video help....

DANG ! Going forward feels fast. Going backwards feels ten times faster
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Thread Information