Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 0

No one is attacking Steve. He his an exceptional driver. We as a group, need to have some form of enforcement for the engine rules we have put in place. The only real options are to either open up the rules to allow any one liter engine, or enforce what we have. One suggestion that I heard was to publish the path for protest. You would be surprised to know that little to no one even understands how it works. That would be a great start.

Liked: 553

John Nesbitt has provided some good help regarding protests here:

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34277

More good info here:

http://driverinfo.johnnesbitt.com/

Thanks Russ, but the first link is for driver protests and the second one has no specifics in it, just saying to talk to the chief steward. We need the whole path out in front of us, step by step. I was told recently that the suspect engine gets pulled and inspected later by an engine builder. I have never heard this before. In fact I was under the impression that region tech guys were responsible at the track. Does anyone really know what happens?

This makes me giggle.

Winners are always labeled as cheaters. You know why? Because he's beating cheaters, so he must be cheating too. LOL If I had a dollar every time I heard we were cheating in Prod racing...

I don't believe for one second, Ott is cheating in anyway shape or form. He doesn't need to. He's stupid fast and consistent. And Utah is a perfect track for the Astra with those awesome diffusers.

I'll give you a handful of reasons (with experience in both classes/cars) why Ott was hard to pass and why JR and I (and others) out qualified C's & D's several times this season.

A DSR makes way more down force which equals drag.

A DSR uses bigger tires, more drag

Beside having open tires (which most cars are even deflecting the air around the rear tires) FB's have smaller rear wings and WAAAAAY less frontal area.

A DSR has more power, so geared for higher top speed. So will have a mech disadvantage (gearing wise) to a FB geared much shorter.

Ott's performance doesn't prove he's cheating... It just proves how friggen awesome FB is!! Bang for the buck, no comparison!

Looking forward to racing with him (and everyone) at the Runoffs!

Now get off the forums and go develop/refine those cars, get in the gym, play simulators and get ready for a epic runoffs!
    Lawrence Loshak
    '13 FB & HP National Champion
    '10 DSR National Champion
    '06 EP National Champion

I have been saying this for six years Lawrence and we have outrun everyone before. This is not about Steve Ott whatsoever. It is about the class and the Runoffs. I am not talking about more rules, I would prefer less. We just need tech.

Quote Originally Posted by LLoshak View Post
    This makes me giggle.

Winners are always labeled as cheaters. You know why? Because he's beating cheaters, so he must be cheating too. LOL If I had a dollar every time I heard we were cheating in Prod racing...

I don't believe for one second, Ott is cheating in anyway shape or form. He doesn't need to. He's stupid fast and consistent. And Utah is a perfect track for the Astra with those awesome diffusers.

I'll give you a handful of reasons (with experience in both classes/cars) why Ott was hard to pass and why JR and I (and others) out qualified C's & D's several times this season.

A DSR makes way more down force which equals drag.

A DSR uses bigger tires, more drag

Beside having open tires (which most cars are even deflecting the air around the rear tires) FB's have smaller rear wings and WAAAAAY less frontal area.

A DSR has more power, so geared for higher top speed. So will have a mech disadvantage (gearing wise) to a FB geared much shorter.

Ott's performance doesn't prove he's cheating... It just proves how friggen awesome FB is!! Bang for the buck, no comparison!

Looking forward to racing with him (and everyone) at the Runoffs!

Now get off the forums and go develop/refine those cars, get in the gym, play simulators and get ready for a epic runoffs!
    Thank you I'm finally getting the insight I was looking for. I heard enough people say how stupid fast ott was and then saw it myself but i didn't understand how he was so hard for Chris to pass. I was waiting for maybe the designer of the Astra to start talking about the Cfd work they did to enhance straight line speed but I will settle for your advice instead.

I hope this does not just turn into an attack thread. In my opinion last weekend is done and gone. My only hope is to elicit ideas that will help us enforce the rules we already have in place. I also would hope that we can get proper engine tech at the Runoffs and the F1000 Championship Race.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information