Liked: 896

Default F600 pro race at the Glen

We were not able to make the race weekend because of other committments, but I hear it was a barn burner. Here is a link to the F500/F600 forum discussion.

http://formula500.org/viewtopic.php?t=4560

Lots of great comments from the other competitors and the fans too plus a $5000 payout in prize and tow money, also lots of contingency prizes too. The goal next year is 15 to 20 cars for each pro race weekend.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 5

Even though my race ended on a sour note because I wasn't watching my gauges, the entire weekend made up for it. Watkins Glen is very intimidating to learn, but once you get your lines figured out, it is a really fun course. If the rumors are true about a possible repave being done it will even be better! Some really great racing both at the front and mid pack. The region workers welcomed us with open arms and were very excited to see the F600's run. We heard several groups of people at the social talking positively about the F600's when they didn't realize that we were F600 drivers. The local F500 drivers were very friendly and said they are looking forward to us coming back next year. I wouldn't mind seeing Watkins Glen on the F600 Challenge schedule for next year.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Here is my first video from Watkins Glen. This is the start of the 7 lap qualifying race. Started 3rd in class and 7th overall. Finished 1st in class and 4th overall. Got a great start. At first I really didn't like the super slow pace car, but on second thought I like the slower starts better. There is a big step down to 1st gear in these motorcycle engines so we get a huge jump when the green flag drops. Doesn't really effect the rest of the race since we don't use first gear in any of the corners. Still learning the track so my lines aren't that great. I found Watkins Glen to be very intimidating learn, but once you start to get it figured out it has some really fun corners! I'll post my fastest race lap from Sunday in a little bit.

http://youtu.be/TjnLPVTv7EQ
    Chris Ross
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Here is my fastest race lap. Over 3 seconds faster than my previous best. Not quite as fast as the leaders, but I'm happy with my overall performance.

http://youtu.be/ugf2synNDCU
    Chris Ross

Thread Information