Thread: hand clutch

Liked: 11

Default hand clutch

If anyone has the time, could you post a picture of a hand clutch set-up, if your using one.
    I'm converting my F500 to F600 and need some ideas. And yes, the foot box is way to small for an extra pedal. The more photos the better.

Post on Apexspeed or send them to rickandlynn2000@yahoo.com

Thanks

Rick Eskola

Contributing Member
    Liked: 98

Rick,
    Do you intend to use the clutch for shifting or just starting out? The FSAE folk sometimes have a motorcycle clutch lever on their shift lever arranged so it squeezes the clutch when the shift lever is pulled back to downshift but is not touched when the lever is pushed forward for an upshift. I have no idea what the F600 people do. Call Jay Novak.
    Marty

Liked: 11

Default hand clutch

Marty

I'm set up with paddles to shift, just need the clutch to get started.
    I have a MC clutch lever just need ideas where/how to mount.

Thanks

Rick

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Re: hand clutch

Is there room on the side of the cockpit ? Like a sway bar adjuster. Mount clutch lever vertically, pull or squeeze to disengage clutch ?
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 127

Back in my FSAE days a few years ago, on cars with paddle shifted setups, some guys had it mounted to the steering wheel (ex: Indycar DW 12 setup), or as a separate handle/lever mounted in the cockpit. My FSAE setup was paddle shifted with a regular clutch pedal.

The idea of the clutch pedal being depressed by a downshift motion is interesting as well.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Thread Information