Thread: Oil sensors

Contributing Member
    Liked: 10

Default Oil sensors

Where’s the best location to place the oil temp and pressure sensors? I’m currently setup with them in the output line, at the side of the engine, before the oil goes through the cooler.

Liked: 57

That sounds like the way I have mine. I want to know the temp of the oil before it goes through the cooler. And although the pressure should be the same anywhere in the circuit, I have my sensors beside each other for convenience. I've heard of folks (fellow engineers, mostly... ) putting temp sensors before and after the cooling elements - both water and oil - to judge the effectiveness of the cooling system. I have not yet risen to that level of data acquisition geekdom.
    George Bugg
    -----------------------------
    NovaKar
    F600

Contributing Member
    Liked: 101

My setup is in a tin top, but I have one in the scavenge right out of the motor and another in the oil tank (after the cooler). I wanted to know how hot the oil was going into the motor and how hot it was coming out.

Thread Information