Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Laguna 2014

Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

Quote Originally Posted by sauce_racer View Post
    If you're not jazzed about the Runoffs.... So why are you still harping on it?
    This is my concern....

Who is going to make up the cost of a financially failed event... the membership. If SCCA was to focus the budget short fall accurately, they would assign it to Club Racing or possibly Major event participants.

Now, if they realistically forecast for say say 400-450 entrants for 2014 , then what is the Runoff entry fee going to be like? $600-700? Remember, SCCA is founding the event and they desire event income to cover the 2014 National budget.

'New Business Model' is the term being bantered about by SCCA. What is it? Does it include a Major event entry surcharge to fund the Runoffs?

As a Club Racing entrant (Majors level) I have the right to challenge the choices being made.

Brian

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Next year will be my first year of racing open wheel in my FC. I'm going to do my darnedest to make the runoffs @ L S.... I'll probably be crewing
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Brian: I'm pretty sure you aren't going to get the answers you seek in this thread, so it really just looks like you're trolling. Perhaps you should attend an SCCA board meeting or address your concerns directly to your divisional director.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 82

Default What he said

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    Brian: I'm pretty sure you aren't going to get the answers you seek in this thread, so it really just looks like you're trolling. Perhaps you should attend an SCCA board meeting or address your concerns directly to your divisional director.
    See above post..

Tracks like Laguna Seca, COTA, and Road America aren't going to have cheap entry fees. COTA was a $650 entry before testing. Now was it perfect? NO. But, I got to race at COTA! That's a pretty badass thing to do. Just like racing at Laguna Seca will be.
    No race will ever be the perfect scenario.

Quit trying to ruin the fun for everyone else.

-Meg Sauce
    FF 10 SowDiv

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    I would never extend the time to attend a boards meeting. I know there is no chance of influencing them. Have tried to communicate with Emails to no avail. I post because there is a chance the some official with knowledge 'might' be enticed into discussing some of the issues surrounding Laguna 2014.

Any harm in describing the Runoff selection criteria?

What is the business model surrounding next years SCCA budget and the Runoffs?

Any reason to withhold information about these subjects?

Brian

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sauce_racer View Post
    Just like racing at Laguna Seca will be.
    You and a number of other people are making Laguna into a 'wish list' destination. In the past that was not the object of the Runoffs. It was a 'national' championship race. Now it is not impossible to meet both of those criteria at one location, but not at Laguna. The testing issues and travel distance are going to preclude to many competitors to qualify the event as a 'national' championship.

I have personally hit all but the newest tracks on the 'wish list' on my own without the requirement of a track being labeled a Runoff site. A 'wish list' track should not be part of the Runoff selection criteria.

Brian

Liked: 996

If you aren't part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

Liked: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Hardingfv32 View Post
    You can also count on NO testing before the event. It has been confirmed by SCCA officials at the Runoffs. That leaves you with the two early season regionals to get any track time or a Russell Driving School.

My contacts at the Runoffs are finding very little interest among those East of the Mississippi for the 2014 event.

Brian

you really need BETTER INTEL dude !! I have on very good intel it is QUITE the opposite of what you are trying to make sound like the truth. People (more than one) on the ground at the Runnoffs say that most people they personally talked to are very excited about the Laguna event !!

STOP being the sole DOWNER about this ... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ATTEND ....
    How many have you atteneded in the past anyway ???

Really man its not as bad as you think it is

I personally have heard from 10 guys in ONE class that arent going to miss it
    its not going to fail ...
    alot of folks thought the COTA F1 race was going to fail too .... it did everything BUT fail !!
    friend us on FaceBook search "velocity haus"
    like on facebook search "velocity haus Engineering"
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Liked: 2

It seems someone has an ax to grind against the SF Region. The last time you were at Laguna your car was disqualified. You refused to follow the regions rules.

It seems John LaRue has hit the nail on the head.

A little well known fact when the last time you were protested, it was by the entire FV field. You might want to mention that little bit of fact as you continue with your ranting.

Sorry to everyone else.

Bruce

Default Finally some truth !!

It all starts to make SENSE now ... always good to hear the WHOLE STORY !!
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Liked: 49

Liked: 174

Bruce,

Since you mentioned it, why did the ENTIRE FV field protest him??

Thanks!

Mark

Liked: 82

Default Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    It seems someone has an ax to grind against the SF Region. The last time you were at Laguna your car was disqualified. You refused to follow the regions rules.

It seems John LaRue has hit the nail on the head.

A little well known fact when the last time you were protested, it was by the entire FV field. You might want to mention that little bit of fact as you continue with your ranting.

Sorry to everyone else.

Bruce

You got told.

-Meg Sauce
    FF 10 SowDiv

Contributing Member

1) You can not show any statements that I made in this thread that are an attack on SFR. They run a good show for the conditions they are handed. This is a discussion about Laguna 2014, reference to how SFR runs a race there is useful in predicting how the 2014 Runoffs could develop.

2) Laguna Protest Facts: This was a Regional event at Laguna. There is a spec tire requirement with a stipulation in the rules that stated those not qualifying on the spec tire would start at the rear of the field, etc. This was/is how the majority of FV competitors on the West coast interpret the rule.

We wanted to set a new track record for the fun of it. End of season and had a set of Hoosiers available for the purpose. No National at Laguna in over a decade where you could use Hoosier tires. We did successfully run under the track record as planned. We then started at the back of the field as planned and stipulated in the rules. Won the race on the spec tire. I am not sure you call it a protest, but there was an action by the Stewards to DQ our Qual times and formalize our placement at the back of the field. We held no animus toward the SFR officials for their action. Other FV competitors have raced on non spec tires since then without any cause of action by the stewards. The action against us was an anomaly.

Now does that sound like class induced protest?? Nice try Bruce.

Now if you are done attacking the messenger, why don't you address some of the issues surrounding the Laguna Runoffs: no pre-event testing, limited paddock space, PC/BF inducing gravel traps, etc.?

Brian
    Last edited by Hardingfv32; 09.25.13 at 3:47 PM.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

I believe all that will pose a bit of a problem... nonetheless, it's LAGUNA SECA !!! IF racers will drive within their capabilities & IF they will use some sensibilities, L S will rock !

I know.... Oxymorons....
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Default not so hard to fix !

4 of these rented for the week will pretty much take care of the PC/BF threat !

They have been used on some of the PRO weekends already this is NOTHING hard to implement

Mid Ohio has largely grass padock and not a huge amount, Again not a big deal !!

Either you are a 'can or 'cant kind of guy which are you, I prefer to be a 'CAN kind of guy!!!

Lack of testing ...again not a big deal sure will it favor some ... YA but so does Road America ...5-7 laps per session ... you need to spend $1000's on testing at RA to chatch up to a couple 15-18 laps per session at Laguna ..

next...... ?? really all these SUPOSSED event killers can be solved .. with out magic !!
    Last edited by greg pizzo; 02.18.15 at 4:33 PM.
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information