Thread: Future of SR

Liked: 151

Default Future of SR

Some FST drivers have contacted me about the selling off all or parts of SR Racing. I really think first there should be nothing to be concerned about for the remainder of the season and beyond. Yes some things will change but in other respects it should be business as usual. Specifically:

1. Jim’s rental program at the end of this racing year will cease. The Association Board is talking with another provider of these services and we are hoping for an alternative being available.

2. Jim will continue to sell special FST parts such as shock mounts racks steering bits, wheels etc. (This is all assuming no one wants to buy that portion of the inventory and services.) The entire inventory of restrictor plates will be transferred to the FFDA where they can be purchased.

3. VW based FST Parts (brake disks, beams calipers, cases, rods flywheels etc). Jim has a huge inventory and the parts will also continue to be sold by him if he has not been able to sell this part of the business. As most of us know Jim gives a special discount to FFDA members but his prices 95% of the time are better than the big suppliers of VW parts such as CIP1 and CBPerformance,

4. Jim will continue to function as treasurer of FFDA, parts consultant and webmaster. He plans to participate and come out to races acting as a consultant. This is indeed good news. He has not ruled out track support and parts delivery to the track. I appreciate the fact that’s Jim’s thoughts on these matters are evolving

5. Engines. Since he hopes to sell the dynos, crank machines, honing equipment, flow benches, he will be out of the engine building business by the end of the year. Jim is talking to two other engine builders about buying this equipment and part of any sales deal it that he will act as a transition consultant to help new owners on parts selection and machining specifications. We also have other options on engine building. Autowerks has at least 9 active engines in the series, Jim Lepitich builds fine motors on the west coast and has shipped to other parts of the country. We’ll be seeing our first Cricket Farm motor out later in the summer. Other interested builders should contact me and I’ll discuss our needs.

I will get something more on these individual subjects in greater detail at the FFDA forum for members at www.formula-first.org maybe later this weekend. I also have a big announcement of a new FFDA project.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 07.03.13 at 5:47 PM.

Liked: 27

Default New to the party.

Although we are new to the FST party I would like to introduce Nuveau Autosport to the ring of engine builders and race prep. We have been building high performance VW motors for over 40 years here in the Midwest. We are picking. Up a new Evolution later this month and by the 2014 season be offering 4 FST cars for lease or purchase.
    Thanks
    Bill Gray

Default Wow!

The newest FFDA member steps up

Great news Bill.

Default Transaxles also

I inadvertently omitted from my earlier post the we specialize in VW transaxle's as well.

Liked: 388

I just wanted to let the FST community know that we are interested in becoming involved in taking care of the FST racers now needing a place for things like engine rebuilds.

Over the years we have developed our dyno to become one of the most repeatable and precise dynos available for small horsepower, air cooled motors like FV and FST. Through purley word of mouth we have gathered a lot of requests for FV rebuilds as well as dyno time. Together with Veetech Engines we have produced engines that have taken numerous FV runoffs poles and a couple of victories. We will be putting the same attention to detail into FST motors that have gone into the FV program.

Michael Varacins
    Speed Sport Engineering

Liked: 190

MV,

Great development and looking forward to having Speed Sport Engineering join our FST vendors

P.S., Maybe drivers too?
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Default Welcome Aboard

Mike

You might want to join the best advocacy group in regional racing--The Formula First Drivers Association. We are especially indebted to our engine builders for keeping us "fast on our feet" in terms of rules. Jim and Greg Schings steered us through the miserable chinese parts era and Dave Carr will be forever be remembered for his scientific analysis of the wet sump vs dry sump issue.

And its only $25 bucks.

Code:
    MV,

Great development and looking forward to having Speed Sport Engineering join our FST vendors :thumbsup:

P.S., Maybe drivers too?
    I'm sure sooner then later I'll be stepping behind the wheel of a FST to give it a whirl, and I'll join the FST association soon too.

Thanks guys.

Liked: 8

I think you could get most of us to pay to get Varacins into FST. That'd be just some more awesome competition. I really like watching the FST races and videos if I'm not there, and the way he drives the FV would be a mean mix.
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Default Count me in

I would give Varacins a motor if he wanted to join us. What the heck I would give him a ride for three or four races. Seriously what better way to show how fast our motors are. Varacins send me a message lets do it. Just show up and drive.

Default Maybe Grattan or RA??

This is getting interesting

Quote Originally Posted by rave motorsports View Post
    I would give Varacins a motor if he wanted to join us. What the heck I would give him a ride for three or four races. Seriously what better way to show how fast our motors are. Varacins send me a message lets do it. Just show up and drive.
    I'll be in touch sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rgu View Post
    This is getting interesting
    Haha...yeah it is. I might need the regional at RA to test a couple of things on the FV, so that one is unlikely.

Liked: 190

MV,

We would love it if you came to RA with the FV. Would give us our real first chance to get a dominate FV and driver on track at the same time with a few front line FST's.

A great opportunity for a direct comparison.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Thread Information