Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default RFR right side SS header?

I am going to have a proper right hand exit SS header made for my car and wanted to see if there was any interest towards a group buy of sorts.

I am actually running the same GSXR header from RFR on my Kawi - It actually bolts up to either engine w/ very little modification; basically bending the last few inches of the head pipe upwards.

My plan is to have one exhaust work with either engine, and made to mimic the factory header. The header which comes with the car, while rather robust, is not very close to optimal - primary lengths, collector location, and tube diameter could all be improved upon.

Here is a sample of my guy's work, which was for a Radical w/ Hayabusa iirc...
    Obviously the header shown does NOT have anywhere near the space limitations as our cahssis does, hence the "stacked" or whatever design.

I'd like to get a gauge on interest, and if warranted, a jig would be made off my original pipe to build exact replicas. I will be bringing him the rear half of my car immediately after the Watkins Glen race.

These headers may fit other chassis, some with minimal to no mods.
    My plan is for a straight up dump in the vicinity of the clutch cover area...

PM me with any interest - cost to be determined by number of headers.
    Last edited by glenn cooper; 11.18.14 at 8:52 PM.

Liked: 126

I built mine on the right side, with fairly short primaries. It was a bear to make it all work. Collector is right in front of the clutch and allows fairly narrow bodywork through there. Suzuki GS500 exhaust header gaskets work way better than stock Kawi units.

So I see George has finally got the ECU to work? He must have experimented on mine since he's had it for about 14 months! Glad to see the beast of an engine working in these cars.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

Coop, do you recall what either of those headers cost? I've built quite a few stainless headers for MC powered cars, and would like to build more. They have all been custom 4-2-1 configuration headers. Last one was for a ZX14R in a Zink converted to a CSR. In very little space too.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

The above pic'd headers were not for me, just to show the artists work (!)
    I'll have pricing info to interested parties after WGI.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

Doesn't show too much detail, but you get the idea. This is a ZX14RR in a zink supervee chassis converted to a CSR.

Here are a couple pics of a VW VR6 turbo nitrous injected dragster motor made from 321 stainless.

Last edited by 10rmotor; 07.02.13 at 8:33 PM. Reason: added pics

Thread Information