Liked: 4

Default Formula Ford Feature Race

October 11-13th, 2013....Hallett Racing Circuit in the fall is awesome! What can make it spectacular is 40 or more Vintage Formula Fords dicing their way around the challenging road course, built around a hill top, located just 40 miles west of Tulsa, Ok. Put this one on your schedule! Great racing, super paddock parties, terrific food and fixin's, and track management makes it all happen in a family way! Good times guaranteed!
    FFR Daytona, '12 F-250, Merlyn '71 Mk 20 FFI
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest!" Mark Twain

Contributing Member Robert J. Alder's Avatar
    Liked: 301

We plan on being there! CVAR at Hallett is always a hoot. Damn, two big FF events in one summer. Life is good. RMVR is also having a FF do-da this summer, as previously announced on ApexSpeed.

Be there (HPR and Hallett) or be square.

Bob & Diane Alder, RMVR
    Team Terrific Racing

Default Formula Fords at Hallett

Hallett is a Formula Ford track...nothing I like better than racing Formula Fords at Hallett!

I'll be there!

Default It's FF Party Time!

Rumor has it that there is a Friday night party, BYOB and something about screwdrivers...not sure if you have to bring your own screwdriver. Big, Formula Ford Feature Race on Sunday.

Calling all cars from Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, and Steinmetzville.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest!" Mark Twain

Rumor has it Stieny will be bring the Umbrella Girls he "purchased" at the RMVR "Celebration of 45 Years of Formula Ford."

Default Be A Star!

FILM CREW AT THE HALLETT CVAR RACES

See the Following for full information:

A BEST KEPT SECRET: WHY YOU SHOULD COME TO HALLETT
    By Skip Duplissey
    It all began in early 2008... after several years of prodding (and no doubt exhaustive) mentorship by my dear friend, the late Ron Shade, and with much fear and trepidation, I finally attended the driving school at CVAR. To put it simply, I have been an absolute helpless junkie ever since.
    Vintage Racing is certainly about great friends, cool old cars and exciting racing. But for me, and I know many of you, it’s much, much more than that too. There is something uniquely special, even magical, going on here – something that makes all the financial pain of campaigning a vintage race car, the late nights working on the car and busting knuckles, parts not showing up on time, the last minute trips to my mechanic, the anxiety as I wonder if the car will be ready, the rush to get the trailer loaded, and the long drives to the track seem all but irrelevant once I arrive. ALL of the pain and misery suffered just to get to the track is worth it, and then some. This thing we do is infinitely more than just “a good time” – the entire experience makes me feel whole, ALIVE, at peace with the world. The spectrum of everything I do related to Vintage Racing provides a nearly spiritual fulfillment. After God, family and country, Vintage Racing simply has no competition – not even close.
    Vintage Racing is more than isolated events taking place throughout the year, left untouched until the next event. It’s something that occupies our daily thoughts. We call and email the friends we’ve made at the track to discuss it, we force our family to watch our track videos as we show off our (in our minds) superior race craft, we bore non-racing friends as they listen to us go on and on, we fantasize about how fast we’ll be at the next race, we dream of passing our buddy, that rabbit, we’ve been chasing, spend untold hours on the internet on racing related activities, and so much more – yes, this is more than simply an activity we participate in. Vintage Racing is every bit a “lifestyle.”
    For some time now, I’ve seen ever-shrinking participation threaten our beloved lifestyle. This worries me to my core. At 43 years of age, I need a strong vibrant Vintage Racing community to continue through future decades. I must be able to continue doing this. I pray that one day I could even introduce my 2-year old daughter and 2-month old son to this Vintage Racing Lifestyle that has brought me so much joy. That is why I have to try anything I can to help save Vintage Racing. But what to do?
    As some of you may know, I ran a company that was the title producer of hunting shows. We had the most watched field sports television series for seven years running and another very highly rated series on the top outdoor networks. One evening, as I was drifting off to sleep pondering some problem or another with one of the shows, I sat up like I had just been hit with a cattle prod – scaring my poor wife
    Photo by Alexander Davidis
    Jen in the process. It hit me like a ton of bricks – if we could make highly successful shows, with hundreds of thousands of viewers each and every airing, of a guy sitting in the woods being as still and quiet as possible... why couldn’t I do the same with Vintage Racing? We went deep into the night discussing it, astounded at the potential. This show had to be done.
    It can be difficult to convince people outside the industry of the awesome power of television. I watched multiple companies double, and even exponentially grow, their sales by making no other changes than advertising on my shows. Television is an unbelievably, sometimes unfathomably, powerful medium.
    As I further developed and refined my thoughts on how to produce a Vintage Racing series, I had a chance encounter with the creator of another series that many of you have seen, GT RACER, which primarily featured the big European historic events and aired immediately after TOP GEAR in England! Alexander Davidis (met by some at the last TWS event) is an amazingly creative and talented artist as well as an accomplished award-winning producer and director. Over time, we discovered a special synergy between our talents and decided to partner for the new series, VINTAGE RACER (working title).
    The next hurdle I faced – the BIG one – was funding. I knew I didn’t personally have the resources needed to fund the project on my own. Thankfully, through some very special like-minded racers from our community, I have been able to raise most of the money to film the perfect pilot. This is an amazing testament to the kind of people vintage racers are!
    Through this series, I’ll be able to tell our story (a best-kept secret) to an audience of hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) over and over again – in a way unavailable by ANY other means. Racers from other venues and non-racers alike will be drawn in by the magic that brought all of us here in the first place – when they SEE it, when they start to understand it, and when they connect with the EMOTION and PASSION of the people doing it, others will want to be a part of it! We’ll get existing racers looking for a better, more positive atmosphere, new racers, and even those who simply want to partake in this incredible lifestyle by spectating and/or volunteering. TV is the ONLY medium available to effectively tell this story to the masses!
    As has been previously announced, we are filming the pilot episode of VINTAGE RACER at our next Hallett race on October 11 through 13. A large car count is critical to the success of this project and, I believe, to the future success of Vintage Racing. If you don’t plan on attending, PLEASE reconsider. If you are, please call those who aren’t and strongly encourage them to attend. Come be part of this special event, maybe get your car on television, have a blast with us, and support Vintage Racing all at the same time. Vintage Racing needs YOU!
    We have an amazing and unique story to tell, but it’s a secret! This story deserves to be told and told
    well. The more people we can expose to the magic that is Vintage Racing, to this uniquely special
    lifestyle, the better we’ll ALL be going forward. And we’ve assembled the team of film professionals that
    will produce the highest quality auto-related unscripted television yet seen.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Re: Formula Ford Feature Race

Makes me want to buy an old FF
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Quote Originally Posted by racerdad2 View Post
    Makes me want to buy an old FF

Not too late!

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Re: Formula Ford Feature Race

I do have a friend with a '74 Eldon.... hmmmm.... if I can't steal it, I'll try to talk him into coming
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Thread Information