Thread: Aero on a Vee

Liked: 1

Default Aero on a Vee

Our region runs fast and open autox courses, sometimes with really quick sweepers, and I'm interested in adding some downforce. My vee is fairly balanced and doesn't get too upset unless the nut behind the wheel makes a mistake, so I'd suspect that a front/rear combo would make sense rather than just some huge rear wing. At it's core is a Vee, but it's much quicker with around 110-115hp, 225/50 slicks, and many, many other upgrades.

Assuming bodywork is not an issue, what's out there? Maybe a supervee rear wing would bolt to the VW transaxle? I'm not interested in looking like the Wright Flyer, but something to add that extra edge would be nice. Let me know if you've got a line on something for sale as well, this stuff is hard to find.

Liked: 1403

You are going to have to make the mountings for a rear wing but you can mount the wing from the push bar/shift protector. The stuff we used on the air cooled super vees was not as good as you have on most FCs to day.

Your biggest problem will be getting enough down force at the front to balance what you have at the rear. My suggestion would be to look at the March and Ralt F3/ FSV that ran sports car noses and use that technology. Also look at the treatment of the bottom of the noses on the current sports cars.

You have a very narrow track car and that was the fashion then.

You also have a short wheel base and it is very easy to have the front wings pitch the air over the car and the rear wing. You get front down force and a balanced car but at a very high drag penalty.

Liked: 9

Default Wings

What about sprint car wings?

Liked: 0

Don't know if you care, but there are max area rules for front and rear wings for formula cars in B-Mod. That would at least give you a reason to do something specific, and I assume you'd meet some formula car level of legality in displacement, minimum weight, etc. even if you are no longer FV legal.

Talk to Rick at Ciro Design for your wing needs:

http://www.cirodesignracing.com/Ciro...cing/WING.html

Thread Information