Thread: Solidworks

Liked: 30

Default Solidworks

Just wondering if anyone has a SolidWorks model of a driver they would be willing to share. Something where the various parts can be moved would be really good!
    Thanks,

Ian

Liked: 102

3D Content Central for low resolution packaging.

TurboSquid is another source, with file formats and graphic detail meant for video games. Dimensional accuracy is not the primary goal for gaming models.

A word of caution, though. CAD is the right tool for mechanical packaging work, but it's of questionable value for ergonomic considerations. It's a really good idea to make a very simple cockpit mockup and exercise all of the controls through their full ranges, including all possible combinations. If anything in the mockup is uncomfortable or clashes, fix that first.
    Last edited by Neil_Roberts; 06.09.13 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Another source and comments

Liked: 30

Default Solidworks

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the info.

We used to have a really good 2D model at Reynard but I seem to have lost any copies of it. I'm am only looking to do some basic proportional modeling, with the intention of building a seating mock-up. This is what I have always done. I am looking to change some parameters and thought some virtual modeling would be prudent before breaking out the table saw!

Ian

Liked: 0

look up dpcars.net, hes a car builder out of oregon and he made a 3d solid model of a person that you can adjust for size and seating position, I use it in all my designs. You can download it off his site for free.

http://dpcars.net/

click the "links" button at the top right and then scroll to the bottom.

Thread Information