Liked: 0

Default Pikes Peak Majors

I would love to hear what happened to the 3 FF's that had less than 1 second in the race.
    If you can't pass'em, scare'em
    Reed Martin

Liked: 61

Default More like ten seconds

Kephart (Q1), Loken (Q2) went into one way to hard and drifted out. I followed starters three and four through to the far right.

Loken, aimed square to centerpunch the curbing-- jagged right punching Kephart mid side pod area (Vestal no sidepod?) which then caused Kephart to roll up and over Loken's right front wheel. Kephart went up, rotated, and when he came down he rolled across/up the track to the far right and his gearbox cover struck my LR wheel's bead area thus instantly deflating my LR tire. My right front lost contact patch and I was punched backwards into the outside wall tearing off my entire LR suspension.

No less than 15 folks in the garage on Friday told me it would happen. I watched it happen and still got punted. Huge waste of money testing and qualifying to do one turn. There were 35 more laps in which to win the race. Plus the Sunday race that three of us didn't run.

Like Kephart said to me afterword, "Boy, we really tore up three cars didn't we?"

I didn't comment.

Bob Melvin

Liked: 0

Thanks Bob Melvin, Q2 was my old car.
    If you can't pass'em, scare'em
    Reed Martin

Liked: 61

Never saw the damage on Loken's car so I'm not sure what repairs he needs or the extant of his damages. I assume their cars are well on the road to testing. We expect parts next week. Many folks on the forum have offered help/advice and parts.

It's a great community. When expressing to Keith Averill how considerate racers are, he said in his usual dry style, "Hey, they need everyone they can get to race with."

Bob Melvin

Thread Information