Liked: 1

Default Brainerd Harvey West Classic Rational Results

Had a good debut for Formula 600 up north at Brainerd last Sunday on a super smooth track! After over 5 years of working on the conversion and only 6 laps total in the car during qualifying that morning we had no problems in the race. Finished first in the regional with the fastest overall lap time in the combined race group. Will try to post some in car video later.
    http://photos.turn8photo.com/p1001306894/e6dfdff3a

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by A Ellis View Post
    Had a good debut for Formula 600 up north at Brainerd last Sunday on a super smooth track! After over 5 years of working on the conversion and only 6 laps total in the car during qualifying that morning we had no problems in the race. Finished first in the regional with the fastest overall lap time in the combined race group. Will try to post some in car video later.
    http://photos.turn8photo.com/p1001306894/e6dfdff3a
    Hey Aaron, what chassis & power train are you running?
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Aaron

I stopped in the pits to check out your new creation before you went out on track. I stopped by, again, sometime after your race to congratulate you and you had already left. The car was & driver were fun to watch. Very quick ! Nice job !!!
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 1

Scott,
    This is an '07 Suzuki 600 GSXR in my first chassis (now homologated as an Ellis AE13). It seemed to be very comparable to my 2nd chassis (red F500 with Rotax 493) in speed and lap times even with the 32mm restricters and additional weight. Last year at BIR I turned a 1:40.3 in F5 and this year a 1:40.6 in F6. It's a fun car to drive! Maybe at some point soon I can run both cars at the same event.

Liked: 896

This is great news Aaron, can't wait to see you new creation. If it is anything like your other Cars it will be sweet. Please try to make some of the pro F600 races if you can.
    Last edited by Jnovak; 06.07.13 at 5:13 PM.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 10

Default Driving impressions

The F500 and the F600 are essentially the same chassis but with different drive trains and the race at Topeka shows them to be equal in lap times. I’d be interested in your driving impression of the two different engine/transmissions. How to they compare and how are they different? Ted.

Thread Information