Liked: 17

Default NHMS 25 & 26-May, NERRC & NARRC Event Results

Saturday, cold and wet. Cold enough Saturday night to snow.

Saturday AM Qualifier

1. Nicholas Galuardi
    2. Bruce Rodman
    3. Anthony Parker
    4. Peter Cheney
    5. Tyler Reynolds
    6. Craig Swinehart
    7. Mark Filip
    8. Thomas Pape
    9. Robert Zatz
    10. John Ferreira
    11. Thomas Galuardi
    12. Paul Faford
    Saturday Afternoon (More wet and more colder)
    1. Anthony Parker
    2. Nicholas Galuardi
    3. Craig Swinehart
    4. Bruce Rodman
    5. Mark Filip
    6. Peter Cheney
    7. John Ferreira
    8. Thomas Pape
    9. Robert Zatz
    10. John Ferreira
    11. Thomas Galuardi
    12. Paul Faford
    13. Tyler Reynolds
    Paul had an oil line leak and engine failure and unfortunately was done for the weekend. And Tyler somehow lost 10 pounds and came in light.
    Sunday AM Race #2
    Early AM and it was still raining and COLD, but about 35 minutes before race start, the rain stopped and there was a wind. Some of the field went out on wets and others on slicks. The slicks came out on the better side of things as the track semi-dried.

1. Anthony Parker
    2. Nicholas Galuardi
    3. Bruce Rodman
    4. Tyler Reynolds
    5. Craig Swinehart
    6. Peter Cheney
    7. John Ferreira
    8. Thomas Galuardi
    9. Thomas Pape
    10. Robert Zatz
    11. DNS Mark Filip
    12. DNS Paul Faford
    Early AM cold has oil pressures up pretty high and Mark blew an oil filter O-Ring on start up.

Sunday Afternoon - Dry and still cold, with a few sprikles on false grid.
    Race 3 Final Results.

1. Anthony Parker
    2. Nicholas Galuardi
    3. Tyler Reynolds
    4. Bruce Rodman
    5. Robert Zatz
    6. Peter Cheney
    7. Mark Filip
    8. John Ferreira
    9. Thomas Pape
    10. Thomas Galuardi
    11. Craig Swinehart
    Congratulations to the returning Anthony Parker on his Triple-Win weekend.

John
    Last edited by nhJohn; 05.28.13 at 8:24 AM.
    John Ferreira
    FV 15

Contributing Member
    Liked: 480

I always said you should not race before Memorial Day at NHMS, but this weekend was one for the record books - Just be glad you were not at Lime Rock! In the NE the guys with the best weather might have been Watkins Glen.

Next weekend for the National at NJ might see 90's....

Congrats to all who won and those who survived.

ChrisZ

Liked: 20

Thanks for the write up John as always a great job.

Congradulations to Anthony great drives in insane conditions and also Nick who is a fast man in the oldest car in the field!

I must say I'm very happy to be able to race with such a great bunch of people and with these crazy wet, cold, wind and then sunshine conditions everyone drove heads up with great battles.

Cya guys soon
    Mark Filip

Well said Mark. Thanks for the write-ups John.

Great to race with everyone! Very good field, but not as large as we're used to. Hopefully all the regulars and some out of area drivers will come and join the fun.

Nick is not just a fast man, he was, on at least 3 occasions, the fastest man on track!

Well done to everyone, Anthony.

Liked: 56

Thanks for the write up John.

Great job as usual Anthony.

With the terrible rainy, windy and snowy conditions several groups saw black flag sessions. It goes to show what a respectful but competitive group the NEFV community is, when not one lap was wasted under yellow.

Great seeing everyone and I can't wait to do it again.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by njg005 View Post
    Thanks for the write up John.

Great job as usual Anthony.

With the terrible rainy, windy and snowy conditions several groups saw black flag sessions. It goes to show what a respectful but competitive group the NEFV community is, when not one lap was wasted under yellow.

Great seeing everyone and I can't wait to do it again.

Nick
    Good point Nick,
    While I was not fortunate enough to be with the front group, I did have a good time in Race 2 & 3. Race 2 with Pete. (Strange that my passing Pete motivates him to run a second quicker) Pete on wets and I on dry's made it interesting where we could pass each other every lap, but never touch. Especially at the "high tide wading pool" in turn 11/12. On the entire last lap, Pete ran my line (where I would normally initiate a pass on him) - low in Turn 3 making me go to the outside. Low line into turn 6 and turn 9. NOT blocking as he never changed lanes. Good racing on his part.

Race 3, Tom Pape and I had the same fun time in Race #3. We ended up running side by side from Nascar turn 2, through 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. That is why I run with this group.

Other notes;; Hey Zatz, where did all that speed come from in race #3?

Mark, nice job on the new paint and all the detail work on the car. While last year's paint was nice, this is more of a "Marks' car" look.
    John
    Last edited by nhJohn; 05.28.13 at 7:55 PM.
    John Ferreira
    FV 15

Liked: 16

Quote Originally Posted by nhJohn View Post

Other notes;; Hey Zatz, where did all that speed come from in race #3?
    I was having brake, suspension and handling issues all weekend. Finally got it more or less working right for Sunday afternoon.

That and I remembered to turn on the nitrous bottle.

Liked: 0

Nice work, boys. I decided to go to the Glen and bask in the sunshine (and 40F and gale winds). Maybe we can coax a bunch of you guys down to Lime Rock for June?
    FV Lynx/B #8

Harry, Mike, Paul M. and others. You should have been at NHMS!

Anyway, June LRP is NERRC and NARRC so many of us will be there.

See you then.

Liked: 5

Default thanks John!!

race #3 I was on wets and John was on drys He was comming up quickly so I moved over in 3 to let him by "I will never hold up a faster car" But I wanted to keep him Honest so I under cut behind him and raced him up the hill. When he went wide I passed him and I only give one freebee So if he wanted to pass me again he was gonna have to earn it. We really did have a great race. Of course I am in Lighthouse Animal and Pest control Car#1 and He has Kept the Lighthouse animal and pest Control on his car and He calls it #2 We are pretty equal At this point But very soon he will be faster He really know set up and I just drive the car. I have never changed the shock settings or anything in 3 years LOL. Anthony should do Majors he is very quick And Nick should buy my car He would be a rocket What am I saying He already is LOL The new england guys are tops No one does anything Stupid Were All the Best of Friends and You don't hurt your Friends Pete Cheney FV #06

Liked: 5

Default Sorry Race #2

I hit the wrong button. The entire weekend was great. I will be at LRP in June if I still have the car If I don't I will still be there helping on Pre-Grid Pete Cheney FV #06

Wish I was able to go to NHMS! Looks like you all had fun. I hope to be at LRP in a few weeks, assuming I don't get an invite to Vegas that weekend... And fair warning, if you boys want to see a racer take on the American Ninja Warrior course upgrade you cable boxes to include G4 by July 8...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by vdrcr View Post
    Wish I was able to go to NHMS! Looks like you all had fun. I hope to be at LRP in a few weeks, assuming I don't get an invite to Vegas that weekend... And fair warning, if you boys want to see a racer take on the American Ninja Warrior course upgrade you cable boxes to include G4 by July 8...

Mike

Good luck Mike!
    Mark Filip

Quote Originally Posted by vdrcr View Post

Mike
    Yikes, thanks for not going all ninja on me when we got caught up in Big Bend last year!

;-)
    FV Lynx/B #8

He He... Power is nothing, without control...

Hey Thomas P., any chance you can post the video of that last race?
    At least the part where you suggested I go faster in Turn 3 and also where we ran side by side for a bit ...

John F.
    Last edited by nhJohn; 06.04.13 at 10:55 AM.
    John Ferreira
    FV 15

Liked: 2

John,

Unfortunately, when I hit the rumble strip going into three the input from the camera into the recorder loosened and I lost the video. sorry. Rain or shine (or snow) it is always a blast racing and hanging out with everyone.

Thread Information