Contributing Member
    Liked: 10

Default GSXR 600 oil analysis

In the process of converting my Novakar to MC 600 engine. Purchased a used GSXR 600 engine locally and decided to get a oil analysis test done as a baseline. The company, Titan Laboratories in Denver CO, called on Friday to “alert” me of a potential critical condition. The analysis showed very high iron and aluminum readings. See oil analysis. I think the high iron may be from the steel clutch disks but unsure what might have caused the high aluminum readings. Anyone have any ideas? Not that it really matters as it’s in the car and not coming out until it blows up.

Liked: 0

I'm not too familiar with the GSXR, does it have aluminum cylinder walls? I know the CBR600's have aluminum cylinder walls, wouldn't surprise me if the GSXR was the same.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

How was the oil sample taken?
    A sample provided for analysis should always be taken with the oil hot, and pulled "midstream".
    The bores in all the modern Japanese stuff is a hard liner that goes by various names - Nikasil, Electro-fusion, maybe even "Chrome", so thinking the aluminum in the sample is not from the bore area.

PS Your street address still shows through!

Thread Information