Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default ESR updates in Preliminary Tech Bulliten

The June Preliminary Tech Bulliten is out here.

A special thanks to the CRB for allowing some basic aero and spring mods to the ESR.

These requested mods are all items that can be built by the car owner at low cost and will allow the car to be trimmed out for high speed tracks as well as some basic front and rear downforce additions for higher downforce without loosing site of the goal for a strict rule set.

The final paragraph regarding the rear bodywork section has a typo in it that got lost in one of the rewrites - the original request was to allow the rear bodywork section to be split into more than one piece so that it could be removed by one individual which is very difficult at this time - it is not a performance related request. I assume that will be corrected before the May 20th publish date.

I am available to discuss thoughts on these revisions with any interested parties - just drop me a text, email or call.

Jay Messenger
    806-946=7252
    muleshoeracer at yahoo dot com
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 05.11.13 at 11:42 PM.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 4

Wow, springs are open now? That seems like a big change. The car seems way over-sprung, but now you'll need to bring a box of springs to the track?
    #45 FE - Personal twitter: @AOERacing
    RaceTimer+ and business twitter:@Epipiphero

Default ESR updates

Yes springs will be open in the ESR. This was suggested as a simple user change that could be easily changed back to FE config if the owner wanted to go back to the formula version. It is my experience for all other CSR/DSR that once a baseline setup is established, most owners don't change springs often or ever for that matter. I would imagine the same would be true here. I do think it will allow some options for bumpy and wet tracks as well as allow drivers to shift the front/rear balance from the FE specs.

JM
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 8

Jay, have these changes been finalized, legal? Have you track tested anything yet? Have you tried any different spring rates? Just from the past, we have a long way to go to compete in P2 against the old DSR cars. I would love to try some of these changes. Peter

Default ESR changes

Paul,
    The changes from the tech bulliten were legal when published. The only ones I have tested is the Formula car rear wing and spring changes. I would be glad to discuss what we found offline.

I built some engine bay floor panels but did not try them. I also built an undernose block off piece that directed the air more towards the coolers instead of through the center strakes. I ran it one session with no quantifiable results.

No the car is still not where it needs to be but it is still a heck of a deal for what it is. Ultimately it is underpowered, gear ratio, shock and tire limited performance but I think a well driven car is close enough to make the effort to develop the car worth while.

Until the final motorcycle restrictors are announced (there is an adhoc committee meeting next week regarding that) we are still shooting at a moving target. My goal by getting these things approved was to start the development process and begin to establish some baseline data points for a car that I absolutely love racing. It is safe, fits a large driver, cheap to own and operate and easy to prep. Fits my needs!

JM
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Thread Information