Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

Default Will RaceRender work with CDS data?

I just got RaceRender, but it doesn't seem to recognize data from my CDS system. Anyone know if that is a solvable problem?
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 1112

It doesn't read my AIM data directly, either. I have to do a .csv export from the AIM software and then everything's fine.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Default How to ?

How do I export data in .CSV form?
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 530

unsure what you're using to view the data, but in race studio 2 you simply click on file, export and choose CSV as the option. Check under the file menu for whatever program you normally view your data files from CDS.

did a little digging, CDS might not be compatible with race render. It looks like the data output for CDS via Track Master might only be ASCII, whereas you need comma separated values or tab delineated values in the export file to work with race render. I suppose you might be able to take the ASCII export file and manually create a CSV file, but it would take a lot of time, or a program to convert it.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess that is a feature of RaceRender I won't be able to use. Too bad, it was pretty cool, if it had worked.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

Liked: 1112

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdrivr View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I guess that is a feature of RaceRender I won't be able to use. Too bad, it was pretty cool, if it had worked.
    I'd contact them. They claim compatibility with so many data capture systems that there might be a workaround. The overlay feature is really the only good reason to buy their product rather than others that are cheaper/free.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 830

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdrivr View Post
    Jim,
    I'm guessing you MIGHT get an email about posts to this thread even though it's now almost 7 years old.

Maybe you already figured this out, but I just gave it a try. In Track Master, if you go to FILE/EXPORT SESSION DATA a window will pop up allowing you to select the Session, lap(s) and Signal(s) (standard Windows multiselect protocol) you want to export (against LAPTIMES). The default extension of the output file is .CDS - however, that file is, in fact, a CSV file and can be renamed as such. I haven't actually TRIED importing it to RR yet, but it appears to have acceptable data and very much the same as the AIM export to CSV. You might have to fiddle with the laptime hacks. In AIM, I have the option of the data RATE that I export. That's not available for CDS, but can be managed in Excel if need be.

Hope this helps - and thanks for your help to me when I first got started with CDS. I still have a long way to go, but I have a couple of races from last weekend that I'd like to 'data up' when I get some time.
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Davis; 01.13.20 at 10:46 PM.
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Dashware is another program to try. I use it for all my video with data overlay (AIM and MoTeC)

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information