Liked: 5

Default ARGO TrackTime cars

Thought I would try again to see if anyone would own up to having any of these. I have two as does "kcfens", there is another in MI, are there any more hiding out there? I also have most of the spare parts that Alan Cornack from FCS in the UK had so if you have a car and need anything, let me know, I have also found a source for OEM engine parts and would like to trade info so we can all get to the track.

Regards
    Thom
    Thom
    Back to fenders=SRF

Liked: 210

There are at least two running up here in the Great Northwest and another may be mostly sitting. One is driven by Tracy Dye and Tim Osborne as a FC or FL depending. The other, can't recall driver name is a FSV. Drivers of both active cars are members of this Forum. NOT track day cars - genuine racers.

In FL form it's a Pinto with dual weber's and different cam. Much faster the regular FC.

Ken Dye (who is Tracy's father) owns D&D Fabrication, a formula car prep shop. He's an excellent metal fabricator and can probably make any Argo parts you need.

Guy down in California who owned the last remaining Argo's and factory 'stuff' for them had a couple for sale on here about 1 year ago. Don't know where he stands on selling off the stuff.
    Last edited by rickb99; 01.23.11 at 3:40 PM.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 0

Default Argo Formula Asia

Bob Jackson, a sprint car and midget guy has one here in Michigan. Contact Mark Zagata (zagatariley.com) and he can get you in touch with Bob.

JB
    JB

Liked: 5

Default They are back

Found this ad on Racing Junk and called the guy, he received all the setup info from tracktime for the cars, offered to pay him for a copy, he said it was worth too much to let out as he had all the info for the cars and who had owned them. He also said he had converted them to a zetec and 15" wheels and was running them on some oval track, to be honest it didnt add up the deeper he described his knowledge of the cars, but I have been wrong before. I bought up the spares that FCS/Alan Cornack had from the original manufacture and offered to trade, just not my day. The cars make a nice heavy duty platform for FS, my two have been homoglated with SCCA so if anyone does get one would be glad to help at the usual Apex price of free.

Take care

Thom
    Thom
    Back to fenders=SRF

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    There are at least two running up here in the Great Northwest and another may be mostly sitting. One is driven by Tracy Dye and Tim Osborne as a FC or FL depending. The other, can't recall driver name is a FSV. Drivers of both active cars are members of this Forum. NOT track day cars - genuine racers.

In FL form it's a Pinto with dual weber's and different cam. Much faster the regular FC.

Ken Dye (who is Tracy's father) owns D&D Fabrication, a formula car prep shop. He's an excellent metal fabricator and can probably make any Argo parts you need.

Guy down in California who owned the last remaining Argo's and factory 'stuff' for them had a couple for sale on here about 1 year ago. Don't know where he stands on selling off the stuff.

I think they are referring to the TrackTime cars, not the 1980s Argo JM17s and SuperVees that we run up here.

tim

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

There is one that runs here in COMMA. The owner is getting his 15yr old daughter in formula cars. She is running good times with the car.
    Last edited by Mike Holland; 10.19.12 at 9:12 PM.

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

These?
    Last edited by marshall9; 02.01.14 at 10:27 PM.

Thread Information