Thread: Canadian Series

Liked: 7

Lime Rock Park Grand Prix added to 2003 Canadian Formula Ford Calendar. (March 19, 2003 – Montreal) -- Berman Motorsport Group, promoters of the Canadian Formula Ford Championship presented by Deringer, announced today that they have signed on to hold a race at the Mohegan Sun presents the Lime Rock Park Grand Prix event on Memorial Day Weekend, May 23-26.

See http://www.formulaford1600.com/
    J-Guy

Liked: 0

This is it guys. All you other FF Lime Rock rats should look into this as I am. This is our turf and a chance to race against quality compitition in front of a large crowd and grab exposure. Thor is rebuilt and better than ever. And something I have always wanted to do a STANDING START. Anyone game.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Dave,

I am always up to a new challenge, especially if we can get the rest of the Lime Rock gang to join. Have you looked into tires and other requirements ($$). I would like to test the car with the different tires prior to the event.

Of course this all depends on if the Bowman will cooperate.

Liked: 7

Basic Series Information :
    http://www.formulaford1600.com/if_tech.htm
    J-Guy

Liked: 113

Hi Guys,

I posted this in the other forum, regarding not showing up. I am all for it. I can't wait!
    Rate Member posted March 21, 2003 03:15 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I for one am going to run the race at Lime Rock, in fact I am planning on running most of the series. I do not know of another series where you can race in front of the F1 crowd, (Montreal) CART (Toronto) and the ALMS (Three Rivers, Mosport)with the same car. They have a very stable rules package and use the Hankook Street Radial as their spec tire. From all accounts, tires become a non-issue, with most teams, including the championship team, using only two sets a season. I welcome them to Lime Rock and hope we can get a good turnout for the event. The tires are a great equalizer.Older FF's are as quick or in some cases faster than the latest offerings. You also get to do a standing start like our hero's in F1. I for one would rather race at an event that has a specific race just for me, at fantastic venues, in front of spectators, for money,and when I'm not driving on the track myself, get to watch the best people in the world practice their craft. You have to admit it beats going to the fence at Nelson Ledges to watch IT cars run around (no offense, just trying to make a point).
    I have come over from S2 for just this reason, though the SCCA appears to have created a series to run in for sports racers, the events and locations are not as appealing as the Canadian Pro series and you are grouped in with DSR, the new spec SCCA car and the S2 Cosworths.
    I would encourage any who can attend to come to Lime Rock to race if possible,if not stop by and say hi.
    I will be racing with Adams Racing and would love to meet some of the folks from this site.

Chris Robson
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar

This sounds interesting, ..

Anyone have any ideas about set up for the Hankook Street Radial????????

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

We welcome all US participants to our Cdn. Formula Ford Championship race at Lime Rock! We will do everything we can to facilitate your entry.

Entry forms will be available for download from our web site soon. (http://www.formulaford1600.com)

Please contact me for any information regarding this event.

Thanks,

Eric

I have several sets of used "FREE" Hankook tires available.
    jon.adams@gm.com

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar

Jon,

I'll take those tires to test on, !!!!!!

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Thread Information