Liked: 7

I was wondering if anyone had a quick and easy suggestion for fuel sample ports. I bought one from Pegasus and I am wondering where to connect it. They suggest on an open port on the fuel regulator( is there one?). I have a Citation FC that was Ken Stivers and I am planning on going to IRP this week and race.
    Any thoughts on if tech will not pass me if I don't have the port in place for my annual. I promise I won't be impounded and I am not worried about being DQ'd for not having it since it is my first race in the car and the field should be quick and I am just planning on getting in and having a clean and fun run on my maiden voyage
    Johhny Reisert

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

The fuel port regulation has been established long enough that any decent tech inspector should easily notice that you do/do not have one installed. At this point, I doubt that they would allow you to race unless one is installed.

You could always ask for one-race dispensation, but why risk it?

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 3294

I use one of Paul Morrison's ports between the cell and the pump. I blow into the vent line to force fuel out when the port is opened.

Paul Morrison's Fuel Ports

I would connect yours between the cell and the pump as I do with Morrison's.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 553

On my car (not an FF2000 but similar), the fuel port (also from Paul Morrison, super nice guy) is installed after the fuel pump. It's handy there because I can use the fuel pump to pump the gas out.

I ran a new braided fuel line from my regulator to the rear of the car so that I do not need to remove body work to get to the port. It's a heavier set up than I'd like, but I like the convenience. I keep the loose fitting (the adapter needed to get fuel out of the port) in my race car in case it's needed at the end of a race or session. It is in the cockpit in an out of the way spot held in place with some velco straps.

Somewhat related - I know a racer who always has a dime in his racing suit's pocket in case he needs to undo a Dzus fastener. Probably a good idea to keep the dime right next to the $50 bill to be used for bribery if necessary.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thread Information