Liked: 57

Default AIM Evo3 + MC Engine

Anyone using an AIM data system on a MC powered car? I have a Yamaha R6 in my F600 and am having trouble getting the RPMs to read out. My harness has a wire coming from the ECU with the RPM signal (I get a good reading when I wire in a digital tach), and I've wired it according to the data sheet (pin 5 of the RPM connector), but no joy. The system worked on the 2-stroke F500 setup with a clip on a plug wire, but this motor has coils on each plug (and an ECU output just seems like a more elegant solution... if it works).

Any wisdom provided would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by GBugg; 03.26.13 at 9:46 AM.
    George Bugg
    -----------------------------
    NovaKar
    F600

Liked: 0

I've used EVO4 on a R1 powerder car. I recall rpm was taken from yellow/black ECU wire.
    Also used used a kart MyChron 3 for a while without any problems.

Liked: 703

When I ran the '07 R1 in my F1000, we were unable to get an RPM signal from the ECU and had to use the clip-on dealio from MSD. It's not elegant but it worked fine. This was with a Pi-2 dash but I don't think that matters.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default I have this setup on my F1000

I'll look at it tonight, but you realize that's perhaps not going to be as enlightening as it first may appear, right?

Ahhh, but just knowing I have the same setup that The Coop is running is worth a lot!

Thanks!
    George Bugg
    NovaKar
    F600

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default R6

If a digital tach works you may need a resistor in the line. We had that issue on Stack tachs years ago - difference between ECU tach volt supply(less than 12v) and ground (0 volts) was not sufficient to trigger the rpm function which needed a min of 8 volts but would work a standard tach.
    AIM is pretty helpful on bike stuff hookups.
    Phil

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Veracity

Go to Veracity and save yourself alot of time and headaches - they will solve it for you and have the parts you need for just about any data acquisition system:

http://veracitydata.com/Veracity_Rac...a/Welcome.html

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Joefisherff View Post
    Go to Veracity and save yourself alot of time and headaches - they will solve it for you and have the parts you need for just about any data acquisition system:

http://veracitydata.com/Veracity_Rac...a/Welcome.html

Good Luck!
    Good answer!! David Ferguson is awesome! And the guys at HyperRacing know their 600cc stuff, too.

So, it seems you need a 2.2k ohm resistor between the signal line and 12v to pull the signal up on a Yamaha R6.
    George Bugg
    NovaKar
    F600

Thread Information