Liked: 301

Default Vintage CRUSADER FV

I'm in search of ANYONE that owns - or HAS owned - a Crusader Formula Vee (mid-60's).
    I'm hoping to find photographs, of both the chassis without coachwork AND complete race-ready.
    I have a "race-ready" '65-'66 Crusader but it has been morphed & butchered over its lifetime and I'd like to restore it to its original glory over the coming year.
    Please contact me here & we can set-up direct communication after that.
    Thanks, in advance, to anyone & everyone.
    Glenn

Liked: 58

Default Crusader

Built by Chuck Tatum in Stockton Ca - he's in his 80's and still there. His son Blake is a director of some type in San Francisco region and can be found on their website or maybe Stockton on whitepages.

Liked: 953

Default Crusader FV

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Crusader Cars 209-478-2452, Blake Tatum, Stockton, CA [/FONT]
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 113

there is a very nice crusader from that vintage in the chicago area. I will do some checking to see if it is available for viewing.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Liked: 0

Glenn,
    I have been restoring a Crusader raced by my Dad in the 70s in Southern Cal (Riverside & Willow Springs). I intend to go vintage racing.After Dad replaced it with a Lynx, my 2 brothers autocrossed it and then it sat in the desert for a few years. I took it completely apart and have been reassembling it. I painted the body this weekend. All that is left is to wire the car and it should be ready to start. I am guessing this is a first generation Crusader. I will attach some photos and you can contact me at glapinsky@msn.com

The first picture is the car in 1976.

Liked: 309

Beautiful job, Gary. My hat's off to you for preserving such a fine family heirloom!
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 301

Default Crusader update...

Thought I was overdue to let y'all know where I'm at on the Crusader.
    A VERY brief layoff from work forced me to withdraw from drivers' school in '12, which postponed my planned restoration.
    Presently, I've gone through & cleaned up some mechanicals to make the car raceable and will be schooling with VSCDA @ Gingerman (So. Haven, MI) the 1st w/e of May.
    As long as all goes well, I'll also run Fathers' Day w/e @ Blackhawk (Rockton, IL).
    THEN the frame-up will begin.
    I will be contacting the Tatums at that point (thanks for the contact info) and thank you, Gary, for the photos. They're an extreme asset for me.
    Also found the history page on Belanger that has great shots of the original body work.
    ALSO have been in touch with Rich Davis, who is in desparate need of new Crusader bodywork. If ANYONE can help, let me know and I'll pass it on... or look up his thread here on APEXSPEED.
    AND... by the way... thought I'd throw on a shot of the car as she was ready to load for tech day... which she passed, I might ad...
    Attachment 38388

Thread Information