Senior Member Jean-Sebastien Stoezel's Avatar
    Liked: 15

Default Hardware kit for front brakes

Hi:

The last time I ordered this kit it came with retainer stems that were a bit too short to hold the brake shoes in place:

http://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.as...WC-113-698-521

Is there a better kit that is recommended than this one?

Thanks,
    Jean
    ----------------------------
    Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
    Western Canada Motorsport Association (WCMA)
    FV #0

Liked: 22

I think you want the earlier kit

http://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.as...WC-111-698-500

I always ordered them from one of the Formula Vee supply vendors, SR has them for $7.95.

Liked: 302

Contributing Member
    Liked: 4

Order from a vendor on the Vee website! You order junk you get junk. The vendors that support our class know what you need and sell quality parts. They are very price competitive. You only have to buy once.

Dave

Senior Member Jean-Sebastien Stoezel's Avatar
    Liked: 15

Thanks guys for the posts. Didn't realize there was a post on the FV forum, I don't visit it much anymore.

Based on the pictures on CIP I can't tell whether or not the older style has long stems. I have everything except those long stems.

Quote Originally Posted by BLS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by veefan View Post
    I think you want the earlier kit

http://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.as...WC-111-698-500

I always ordered them from one of the Formula Vee supply vendors, SR has them for $7.95.
    ----------------------------
    Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
    Western Canada Motorsport Association (WCMA)
    FV #0

Liked: 49

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Order from a vendor on the Vee website! You order junk you get junk. The vendors that support our class know what you need and sell quality parts. They are very price competitive. You only have to buy once.

Dave
    Dave, us Canadians do try to support the FV vendors when we can. But it IS a bit of an extra hassle to deal with shipping stuff across the border. CIP may not be on the FV website, but at least here on the West Coast, they are a very helpful supplier and support our local racing through sponsorships, discounts, prizes for our special race, etc.

I probably split my purchases equally between "FV supplies" and CIP. Usually if I need help figuring out what I need, I'll post on the forum and buy from whoever replies, or call/email Jim at SR. If I know what to order, especially if I need it fast, I'll probably get it from CIP, as they can get anything delivered to me the next day - for about the same price as it would take to get something from SR in two weeks..

Liked: 50

Yes, Tiagos is correct. He does buy from us often and we appreciate it. But certainly understand the mail issue. Many things can be shipped depending upon size and if it fits a flat rate box at a decent rate. But sometimes we just can't compete due to the shipping costs.

Since (in FV) shipping can be a big percentage of the cost of an item we always try to check the different shipping options and get it out the best way, But, when crossing international borders the costs and time can hurt.

So, as long as he considers us first we are happy.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Liked: 72

Later model bugs, 1967 and later I think, the rear shoes were wider and called for a unique stem. Stay with the 1962 thru 1964 for straight adjusters and use the 1965/1966 for angled adjusters.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Thread Information