Thread: SR1 and SR2

Contributing Member
    Liked: 98

Default SR1 and SR2

SCCA has posted the preliminary rules for these classes.

Liked: 702
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 3

I'm relieved that the SR2 class will be an excellent fit for my '00 Radical Clubsport in CSR trim.

It's a bit under 63" wide, but Radical is line B on the table of "spec" cars, so presumably in the name of growing the class they'll be allowed in.

Seeing as how I ~just~ finished laying up a new body (I bought Ben Beasley's molds) I really hope I don't need to make my car 2" wider...

Liked: 13

Post width.......

Motor M.

Correction -- What the rules say today:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Width: The maximum width shall not exceed 200cm (78.74 inches) including all
    aerodynamic devices. However, no portion shall extend more than 10cm - 3.9 inches beyond a plane tangent to the outer face of the front and rear wheels
    with tires. The minimum body width between the front and rear wheels shall not
    extend inwards beyond a vertical plane connecting the centerlines of the front
    and rear tires. All cars shall be at least 63 inches wide, unless otherwise
    specified, cars equal to and exceeding 70 inches in width may use a larger
    restrictor dia as listed in the SR2 Engine table spec line and column for the
    installed engine.

63 in / 70in width
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    So looks like 63 inches is Minimum.... Not 61 inches -- so a Spec Line is needed.

Don't give up - They are still considering all kind of thoughts on this subject.

Because it is a spec line car group it will probably be approved at the 61 inches. We are working on that.

I think they are also considering the SR-4 & SR-3 Radicals.

And your Club Sport is at 61 inches wide now, a spec line adjustment will take care of that.

Good Luck.

m.
    Last edited by Malfred; 05.20.13 at 6:10 PM.

Liked: 270

Sorry, that is no longer correct. Please go back and look at the SR2 rules again - an updated ruleset, explicitly addressing the width issue, was posted 4/4/13.
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Liked: 3

Per the suggestion, I wrote the CRB and made the case that the Radical Clupsport/Prosport/PR6 are aligned perfectly w/ the SR2 rules aside from being
    2" narrower than the proscribed 63" minimum. I also offered that A-macs and the like are narrower than that.

The latest iteration of the SR2 rules were issued in the new FasTrack, and I was surprised to
    find that the Clubsport/Prosport/PR6 is allowed the stock Radical wing and diffuser and 61" minimum width.

1300# under 1370cc.

So I'm set for next year. I can even eat extra.

Liked: 13

Post Radicals

Yes, we have addressed what you brought up & your letter was valid.

We think we have addressed the issue & your in & ready to go.

Thanks for the input.

M.

Thread Information