Liked: 5

Default Formula 600 Racing (F6R) Rental - Testimonial

We always welcome these kinds of letters and we are also welcoming a new F600 driver, George Fox:

Monday, March 11, 2013

Recently, I contracted with F6R (Formula 600 Racing) to provide a car and support for an SCCA double drivers school at Roebling Road, near Savannah GA.

F6R is a father-son team of Dan and Clint McMahan along with Jim Murphy. Dan and Clint provide Formula 600 cars, maintenance and logistical support to clients on an “arrive and drive” basis. They are both accomplished racers and provide invaluable driver coaching as well.

The Formula 600 car is light, powerful and nimble, these cars are fun, easy to drive and very fast.

The double driver’s school format allowed me to obtain my SCCA competition license in a single four day weekend. The course consisted of daily briefings, class room instruction and countless track sessions. The weekend was highlighted by two practice races. The training was intensive and rewarding.

The team at F6R is very professional. Dan and Clint are experienced, hardworking, resourceful and friendly. They worked tirelessly to keep the car on the track, carefully maintaining it between each practice session. The coaching and advice they provided was invaluable. They always shared their expertise willingly and enthusiastically.

The weekend was a “dream come true” for me. I have waited many years to do this and I owe Dan and Clint many thanks. The experience was exciting, fulfilling and fun. I highly recommend F6R if you have ever considered participating in club racing. As for me, I could not have made a better choice.

George M Fox
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    Member number 448524

Please visit our website - www.formula600racing.com
    Last edited by jim murphy; 03.12.13 at 10:03 AM.

Liked: 0

I was in the "open wheel" group with George and some SRFs. Great guy, great instructor (Clint), and dammit if I couldn't pass that F600!

I've got a video uploaded where I catch up with George, who then proceeds to walk away from me. http://youtu.be/TBmFcODnPGE

Speaking of, if you know how to get in touch with George I'd love to trade in-car footage with him.

Liked: 5

PM sent.

Jim

Thread Information