Thread: COTA report

Liked: 27

Default COTA report

What a track!!! Much more technical than I originally thought. Blind corners, 2+G corners, WIDE race track and breath taking beautiful. McCallum won Saturday and I won Sunday but the real news is the introduction of one fast kid and the marked improvement of two young drivers.
    16 year old Timothy Reger and his Dad have chosen FM to sharpen the kid's talents and he showed everyone he definitely has skills...nice job.
    Carson Weeder and George Jackson have picked up the pace and we will be seeing both of their names at the marquee FM events this year...impressive improvement.

All of the FM'ers did a remarkable job with no incidents involving our cars. The mix of older veterans and young guns is interesting. Older vets seem to be really fast in the fast sections where as the younger drivers seem to go faster in the slower parts...Hmm...a hint on who can learn what from who.

A sad self promotional note: I was told that a FM was quickest of all of the cars on Friday's timed qualifying..."No body is going faster for less money"

Liked: 3

Congrats to Darryl and Alan. I got to listen on the internet here in Canada. Sounded like the commentator was standing on his chair with excitement for the FM racers. I think he promoted FM over all the other cars.

Wish we could have been there,

John B.

Liked: 553

Nice job. Darryl. And not just in FM. When you get a chance, please share your impressions of racing in the other class, too.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 27

Default Thanks Jhonny

Wish you guys could have been there also..Nice track. I made 5th to 1st gear shifts three times a lap. If I get around to cutting my video down I will post a 2:14.9 lap around the curcuit from Weds practice.
    I did race the SRF class with 84 other drivers...Good Lord that is a LOT OF CARS. Those guys are an interesting bunch to race with..Russ, to sum up my experience.."Rubbins Racing" in that class. Did I ever get bumped around. But I put a "Hail Mary" slide job in turn one to take over 3rd place and the other driver gave me a thumbs up after the race...Cool beans on that one. SRF drives enjoy racing hard and are not afraid to swap a little paint...I had a blast!!!!

Thread Information