Contributing Member Robert J. Alder's Avatar
    Liked: 301

Default An Invitation to all Formula Fords

An Invitation To All Formula Ford Racers
    Forty-Five Years of Formula Ford
    Who: Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing (RMVR)
    What: A Formula Ford Invitational race weekend inviting all Formula Fords, regardless of year of manufacture.
    When: July 27-28, 2013
    Where: High Plains Raceway in Colorado

Why: To celebrate 45 Years since the first points championship of Formula Ford racing.

Each year RMVR has a charity event race weekend. This year is our Third Annual Race Against Kids’ Cancer to benefit the Morgan Adams Foundation.

Our Special Feature this year will Celebrate 45 years of Formula Ford. We are inviting all Formula Fords, including all contemporary cars. This will produce a giant assembly of these great race cars, certainly one of the largest open wheel grids in RMVR's history and probably the largest grid of FFs in the entire history of regional FF racing.

If you race a Formula Ford, please join us. Here is a link to a more detailed info sheet on what promises to be a fun weekend. Please feel free to contact (see info sheet) us with any questions or post you questions here.
    Last edited by Robert J. Alder; 03.01.13 at 5:39 PM.

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

to anyone that might be interested in this event, here's what I posted under the FF 45th Festival thread:

I haven't run HPR yet, but I did attend the Enduro event there last Oct., as a spectator. I had wanted to see the track for some time, and hoped to drive it one day. After seeing it, I really wanted to drive it! The track looks to be a great drive, and from what I saw, RMVR is a really good organization, with lots of great people. Plus, HPR actually seemed to like having visitors - we stopped by a few days ahead just to take a look!

We go to Colorado most every July 4th week, (summers are fantastic in the mountains) this year we are planning to bring the racecar with and stay until the 27/28th for event.

Check out the links and learn more about this, then plan your trip! And hey, it's for Charity, so I think you can write it all off. I can't give tax advice, but check with my Accountants at Dewey, Cheatum & Howe!

Steve
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

Since many of you might be setting your travel schedule, I wanted to bump this thread to again extend an invitation to come to RMVR's "Celebration of 45 Years of Formula Ford." The event is coming along nicely with interest from folks as far away as Canada. Remember, ALL FFs are welcome, not just vintage. We'd like to see all generations included, even up to and including contemporary Formula F

Should be a great event and for a worthy cause.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me.

Bob Alder
    303-981-6364
    r.alder@earthlink.net

Liked: 47

I really like the poster. Who is the artist? Let me know if you need a printer (posters, t-shirts, banners, flags, decals).

Ian
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Contributing Member charleswdaniels63's Avatar
    Liked: 20

Default We're coming to the July Formula Ford gathering at HPR!

A caravan of Formula Fords plan to come up from New Mexico for this great event. Where can I get a copy of that great poster? I'd like to frame it and hang it in my garage (alas, my otherwise excellent wife doesn't think car art belongs in the living room).

That was just a preview of the artwork which is now being finalized and sent to the printers. All participants will get a copy of the poster. Hint: If you like the poster, enter the event. It really is a cool poster.

Contributing Member charleswdaniels63's Avatar
    Liked: 20

Default FF Gears for HPR

My New Mexico road warrior friends and I will be some of the HPR newbies planning to join this festive event. Are there any drivers out there with experience at HPR who would be willing to share their thoughts on gearing for the track?

Liked: 31

Default 45 Years of FF - RMVR July 27 & 28

Planning is coming along well for this event and we have quite a few entrants both locally and from out of state bringing a variety of year/make/ model FF's so it's shaping up to be a great outing. One practice and two races each day will provide plenty of track time and of course, FF's will have their own run group so we won't have to worry about FV's or other cars getting in the way!

Another treat is that we plan to have our poster model, Michelle, and all of the other girls who will be modeling for a race car calendar that our charity partner, the Morgan Adams Foundation and RMVR are producing as grid girls! It won't be your typical girls laying across the hood of a car kind of calendar, but rather an attractive, fun & tasteful celebration of race cars and beautiful women

Attachment 39506

The calendar is being produced by our own Steve Urbano, who also spearheaded the event poster (and is a very talented short film & commercial producer if you find yourself needing one).

So, please join us for a terrific event. You can find all of the event details and register on-line at rmvr.com

And as an added attraction, if you're worried about the heat ....not to worry. This year several Grid Girls with an umbrella will be available on each grid to provide you shade. The catch? Bring cash to the pre-grid. For a $20 donation it's first come, first serve. It's all for the charity. They'll keep you cool awaiting your race session, make you look cool, and photos will be taken of them with you on the grid. How great is that? For your donation you'll get a wallet sized print plus a JPG photo file emailed to you, if you wish.

As Jamie said, these lovely young ladies will be in 2014 Grid Girl Calendar now being produced.

Are we having fun, or what?

Thread Information