Liked: 0

Default want to convert a f440 to f600 for autocross

I have a KBS MK 4 with a Kawasaki 440 that I want to convert.

Anybody got any leads on a F600 motor? Most interested in reliability over perfromance.

More interested in fun than being uber-competitive and I am only interested in autocrossing this so I don't need the latest motor - any 03 or later Suzuki GSXR 600.

Any tips, tricks or advice would be appreciated.

Liked: 14

most of the 500 and 600 crowd hangout here: http://formula500.org/. You will get a faster response posting it there.

Hope that helps,
    Jon updegrove

Thanks for the heads up!

Liked: 72

The main crowd that started the 600s are on the forum, we just dont have much to post about anymore.We actually prefer this forum due to the strict posting "laws". A 600 MC motor can be easily obtained on ebay. If youre looking for a motor to run with it will be between 500 and 1500 shipped to your door depending upon the year,mileage, and what all it comes with. You will want whats known as a "car kit" . This comes with everything you need to make the car run. Theres some things you will need on top of that once you recieve your motor.

1) Send the harness off to Moons Super Cycle to have it stripped down and when you get it back it have everything bypassed that you will need and it will be about one third of the wires you started out with. His number is 414 716 0005

2) Buy a oil pan from a current 600 guy. Theres been a few years of R&D on oil pan design going on and all of us share the info.

3) If you need a header, oil filter relocator adapter, block off plate for the factory oil cooler, paddle shifter assy or a oil pan you can contact Formula 600 Racing at 678 836 6467. The headers are made custom for your car , generally 650.00 . The header will need to be ceramic coated as well. We have no preference on a coating company, they all seem about the same price and performance so far.

4) You will want to put a lot of heat shielding in between your header and firewall. This will keep the heat off of the fuel cell. That can be bought out of Mcmaster carr

5) The fuel pump you will want is the walbro gsl393.

6) The fuel pressure regulator is very important so go with a fuel lab, aeromotive, or magna-fuel. DONT USE A CHEAP FUEL REGULATOR! We learned this the hard way.

If you have any questions, PM me and we can talk over the phone.

Liked: 5

I have to ask this question. Do you have the skills and equipment for this conversion?
    It requires you to cut off the rear clip at the main hoop, build/attach a new engine bay and re-attach the rear axle assembly. Install a complete oil cooling system in place of one of the radiators and so on . . . . you get the picture. Before you start, learn all you can on what a F600 is composed of (lots of photos). Crew for a F600 driver and get hands-on knowledge. Learn everything BEFORE you spend your money.

HTH,
    Jim
    Been messig with thses cars since 1982

This is great info - thanks guys! I was aware about needing to re-do the rear but didn't know about the oil cooling. I don't know if there are any F600 folks in Minnesota.

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by magicsammy View Post
    This is great info - thanks guys! I was aware about needing to re-do the rear but didn't know about the oil cooling. I don't know if there are any F600 folks in Minnesota.

There are a couple in Wisconsin, IIRC, - Aaron Ellis and the Edwards brothers. Come to the June Sprints and you will see at least 8 F600's. Bring your camera, a chair, sun stuff, comfortable clothes/shoes, umbrella and a cooler with food and drinks. Plan on staying with us all weekend. We run the 2nd race group.

See you soon,
    Jim

Thread Information