Liked: 0

Default Dallara Mugen is on the way.

Hi, Folks. My newest acquisition is on the vessel and arrive on March 4th in Halifax, Canada. It will take another 4 days of journey to arrive in my garage. It has been an experience, to coordinate the whole journey.
    I would like to personally thank, Winston Graham, Maurice Stoner of SR Automotive, Mark Tosa of CF3C and Patricia De Capua of OTS. Also, Apexspeed and CF3C in advertising the car for all of us in North America.

To the best of my knowledge that will mean there are two of us with Dallara / Mugen's in North America. Mine is an older car but I'm sure not unhappy with it.
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Great car !
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Default Dallara F300 Mugen

Thanks, Guys. It is pretty neat to see where your container is. marinetraffic.com or fleetmon.com show exactly where your vessel is. It is at Denmark, right now.
    Another challenge is to coordinate with Becker's towing in Kitchener to unload the car with adjustable flatbed to the ground level. I will see how it goes.
    As for Dallara Mugens in NA, there will be 3 for sure for time being. Mark is selling his car and I believe he sold it already.

Cheers,

Default color...

nice color...

Default Dallara Mugen

Thanks but I am planning to repaint and wrap it to replicate BAR Honda without the revolution circle.

the current color reminds me of the Jordan/Honda grand prix cars... (one of my favorite f1 teams) but repainting it to the BAR team colors (which is another favorite f1 team of mine), can't wait to see it soon...

Banned
    Liked: 2

It was painted to symbolize Jordan Grand Prix team colors by a guy whom thought he was going to be their test driver, Adam Kahn. http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53967

Well, Folks. My car is still at Halifax. Government decided to open my container because of my first time importing a container. It did clear the custom after additional 100 bucks but now it is in container rush hour and I have to wait at least 2 more working days. My logistic company put in priority request but it is still on ground and needs to be put onto railway. Looking like Wednesday now, holly cow.

Default My Dallara F300 Mugen

I can't believe it took 21 days to get here from UK but it finally got here. I will post more pics once it clean the car and the garage. Here are some pics that I took while unloading the car from the container. It is so easy to do when you are dealing with the right equipment and people who knows what they are doing.

Beautiful! Congratulations! Happy to know it made it in good shape. The tires look wide in the pictures, are they 8 & 10" wide?
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Default Dallara F300 Mugen

Hi, Topper. Thanks for a compliment. It is too cold and snowing out to open the garage today so I couldn't sort out the garage and clean the car to take more pics.
    The wheels are BBS's and they are 9 at front and 10.5 at rear, current FIA F3 specs. These are super light. I will weigh them later. Remind you I may be selling them later on.
    I am wondering if you are open to share some info in regards to your Mugen engines. My engine is Neal brown engined Mugen, National class unit XH6. This engine is based on Honda F20B engine, are made back in yr 2000 but my engine is new install in 2005. Thanks.

I'll be happy to share info with you. I'll have to dig out the specs on the engine, and can't put my hands on it at the moment. The car was originally Opel powered and at some point as I understand it "Steve Nichols got his hands on this car. He was the former F1 chief engineer for Sir Ayrton Senna back in Honda's more glorious F1 days and he installed a Mugen MF-204B motor in the car." The quote is from something the prior owner sent me before I purchased the car.
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Default Dallara Mugen

Hi, Topper, thanks for replying. I believe you have the Neil Brown XH6 engine since the conversion was done in UK. Neil Brown Engineering were supplied with Mugen MF201B engines from Japan initially but they started to develop their own engines when they had to deal with stronger competition from VW and M-B's. So Mugen Japan went to MF201C, which are based on S2000 engine, F20C (complete departure from F20B) but NBE stayed with F20B based engine and developed chopped version of XH6 called HJ6. Now both engines are available in International class and National class engine from NBE ( accord. to Nick Harrison of UK. )

Have you done any top end or complete rebuilds on the engine? We can get a rebuild kit from NBE but I am wondering if you have done it using parts available in US. Heads are straight off of F20B. You can install H22A head but the valves are 1mm larger in EX and IN. I am not quite sure if you can get any more power installing H22A head if you are staying with F3 26mm restrictor but it certainly the option is available. There are numerous parts available in US (stock, tuned and racing) for these engines but if we import from UK, the UK VAT is exempt so what they quote is what we pay + shipping fee + import tax + federal tax + any others.

Default Mistake on the name of the engine

Sorry, guys. A correction on the NBE engine. It was to be read. XJ6 instead of HJ6.

Thread Information