Contributing Member
    Liked: 10

Default AiM Sports SoloDL

Anyone using the AiM SoLoDL data logger? Couple of questions if anyone has:
    1. Can you set a RPM shift light/indicator with it?
    2. Can it be mounted on the steering wheel without affecting the readings?
    3. Using a "cut down" wire harness can you still read the ECU air/fuel ratio?
    4. Is the stock connector cable from the ECU to the logger long enough to be used in a car application? Thanks. Ted

Liked: 285

The AiM Solo DL is not a dash, it's a lap timer, that can can log additional data channels.

So...

-- There are no shift lights, or RPM indication of any kind. The only way you will get RPM data is if the ECU data has an RPM signal.

-- It will not work effectively on the steering wheel. It does have internal G-sensors which need to be mounted so that don't move relative to the car. Also, the GPS antenna (built-in) would not want to move.

-- Depends on the ECU. I might assume you're talking about the Suzuki GSXR K-Line connection -- some folks cutting down the harnesses remove that wire (and the entire Diagnostic connector), and some leave it in place. I believe you would be looking for a gray wire with brown rings on it. Look at the AIM website for the ECU documentaiton, it has pictures of the connector and wires you would need for the GSXR.

-- It's not a big deal to extend the wiring if necessary.

David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    805-238-1699

Contributing Member
    Liked: 101

I thought you could use an RPM bridge with a DL?

Liked: 50

The Solo units do not have G-Sensors. They use GPS (and your ECM). They can be mounted anywhere and read accurately. No standad method of using anything except ECM and GPS data that I am aware of.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sracing View Post
    The Solo units do not have G-Sensors. They use GPS (and your ECM). They can be mounted anywhere and read accurately. No standad method of using anything except ECM and GPS data that I am aware of.
    The DL does have actual G sensors in it (well, they both do but it's only turned on in the DL).

I was thinking you can do RPM, but I think I'm wrong. You can do a LCU-One though.

Liked: 285

The Solo DL has the internal G-sensors enabled, whereas the Solo has the HW, but it's not enabled in the software (could change in the future, we hope!)

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferguson View Post
    The Solo DL has the internal G-sensors enabled, whereas the Solo has the HW, but it's not enabled in the software (could change in the future, we hope!)
    The original firmware had them unlocked in the Solo.

Thread Information