Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default 2013 F1600 Formula F Championship Series News

Really just a brief teaser as there are so many new cars, drivers and teams that until we get a few more confirmations there is really only this to say right now.
    With 8 weeks to go to VIR and an influx of new cars from Spectrum and Mygale the entry certainly does appear to grow substantially with a great mix of youth and experience in modern machinery.
    We have reduced the Fit restrictor to be in line with SCCA and expect that alone to encourage some fast Ford powered cars to challenge the Fit forpodiums and wins.
    And the race-within-the-race of the Masters for 40 and over drivers promises to be just as competitive as the Masters are in F2000 and often battling with the younger set for podiums.
    This season is shaping up to be an outstanding year of racing all around and throughout the field.
    Last edited by Michael Rand; 02.13.13 at 11:20 AM.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Can't wait to see the list of who running this year.

With the new cars sold, some older cars sold, factory teams as well as the usual suspects there should be an interesting list of entrants for this season.

Thank you F1600 Championship Series for a place to race our FF cars in one class instead of the alphabet soup category. My only complaint is having to wait till April to get started.
    Steve Bamford

Default VIR entry

This just keeps getting better, how about a half a dozen Mygales, how about more than a half dozen Spectrums ?
    The field promises to be packed with youth and the Masters Class, with at least two recent FF national Champions, will be every bit as hard fought as the kids.
    While VIR does not list the event as a spectator weekend on theirwebsite all are more than welcome to come watch, I think in the past they had a $10 per day entry fee but not 100% sure that is the same for this April.
    At this point in time, until I get more registrations which I consider confirmations that the individual is really committed to race, I will go out on a limb and say it would not shock me of the F1600 Formla F field approached or mayhaps even surpass F2000. The paddock will be jam full with 30-35 F2000 cars and teams and another 25-30 F1600 entrants, this is going to be epic, to borrow from a current TV ad for something or other.

Liked: 0

Mike,

It was already epic. You need a new adjective, something between grandiose and monumental..
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Liked: 3

Default I am there

Another Masters class entrant. And if I can get the car together in time I might twist my friend Dan's arm into going too..

Sean

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Tim FF19 View Post
    Mike,

It was already epic. You need a new adjective, something between grandiose and monumental..
    Legendary.
    aaron

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

If anyone is looking for an adverb to modify any of those adjectives, allow me to suggest "pantsh!ttingly."

Liked: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    ... The field promises to be packed ... The paddock will be jam full ... this is going to be epic
    Congratulations, Rand and co. Offer a superior product to a ready and willing market, and they will beat a path to your door. Next step? Televise those epic races.

I hope that the SCCA is capable of learning by observation.
    Last edited by Neil_Roberts; 02.14.13 at 7:56 PM.

Liked: 71

I just wish the series could wonder towards the midwest....please!

I'm an F2000CS driver and live in Halifax, Nova Scotia (Canada). A large percentage of AS forum users have no idea where that is and probably don't really care to know; I can tell you that it is not especially close to any of the tracks that the series visits, Lime Rock is a 13-14hr drive from my door. Google maps shows you are ~11hrs from M-O, that's not a long distance to travel for racing IMO, but opinions will differ on that, of course.
    aaron

Liked: 126

So what state is Nova Scotia in Aaron??? Is that like New Scotland?

I underestimated the geographical acumen of my American brothers... well, one of them anyway.
    aaron

Liked: 96

Quote Originally Posted by a. pettipas View Post
    Legendary.
    No it would be:

Legend, wait for the checkered flag, dary!
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default Reid Hazelton Gets The Recognition He Deserves!

Congratulations Reid! You worked hard and never quit. Your speed and consistency was there for all to see. You certainly have earned your new ride at Carbir! Good Luck and God's Speed to you. Words really can't express the joy I feel for you!

Patrick Mackey

Liked: 1432

Quote Originally Posted by f0a7t06 View Post
    Congratulations Reid! You worked hard and never quit. Your speed and consistency was there for all to see. You certainly have earned your new ride at Carbir! Good Luck and God's Speed to you. Words really can't express the joy I feel for you!

Patrick Mackey
    Oh come now, you are far to nice. You do remember I rear ended you right?

Thanks Pat, hope you are doing very well! See you and Ethan around the CenDiv??

With apologies to both Reid Hazelton and Brian Utt I have yet to mention the addition of yet another new chassis manufacturer to the already lengthy 2013 F1600 Formula F series.
    The teaming up of Reid and Brian and Carbir are a welcome addition to the mix, I'm telling you, VIR is looking fantastic.
    Monty has been anxious to get going with team and driver announcements but out of respect for the principles desires we are waiting for full registration and confirmation of each entry. Admittedly there are a few pairings that are not 100% done deals yet and others who just don't want it known who in what wuite yet.
    My best guess within a month on Feb 20, that would be a mere 3 weeks out from VIR, we will have the full real entry list. Though possibly still incomplete !

Liked: 14

congrats Mike, it sounds like the F1600 series is finally gonna be a big series for you Bob and Al.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Thanks Kevin, I anticipate an excellent season offering chassis diversity, closer parity between Fit and Kent, numerous young driver additions and most likely featuring two fierce points battles in both the new for 2013 Masters and the as ever overall championship classes.
    All in all it promises to be well on the way to becoming what the class was always supposed to be, the way you and I fondly remember it, both the place to learn the craft and an excellent opportunity for established experienced drivers as well.
    With Hoosiers excellent spec tire and our 6 tires from first qualifying through the second race of the weekend rule we are looking forward to an intense season of motorsport all packed ito six busy weekends.

Thread Information