Liked: 0

Default Looking for Vector GB4

Has anyone seen my old Vector GB4? I sold to a guy in the Detroit area in 2004.

Thanks
    Jeff Leonas

Global Moderator Dave Woodmancy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

Hi Jeff,

Any chance you remember which chassis number your car was? My guess would be 003 or 004? I do not believe it stayed in this area very long, I think (wasn't his name Jeff as well?) moved to Texas? shortly after that. I do not recall if the car was sold or if it traveled with him..

To the best of my knowlege there are only 10 GB4's in existence. Shouldn't be too hard to track down.

I know where 7 are.

001 and 005 are here with me. 005 belongs to Lance Renshaw.
    006 and what I assume is the last and 010? belong to the Abbotts.
    009 is on the east coast with Rob Zatz.
    Lance Renshaw has another one in the Chicago area, not sure which # it is, but it was not your old car..
    There is another in Ohio owned by Gary Grubb, unsure of the chassis number, but possible that this one is yours.
    That only leaves 3 unaccounted for if the grand total is 10.
    The Mitchell Ferguson car, which I guess might be 002, as he did alot of fab work for Bruns in those days.
    Then there is the ex DRE/Bonow car, had to be #007 or 008?? I am sure Bill will chime in..

Would be curious if we could locate all of em... Maybe Terry can shed some light as to the total number built 9-10, and Lance and Gary can chime in with chassis numbers, as I am pretty sure everyone on the list frequents Apex..

Hope this helps..
    Last edited by Dave Woodmancy; 02.04.13 at 11:54 PM.

Liked: 16

I've got 009.
    Rob Zatz

Thanks Rob, so that has to make the total number 10.. I don't believe there were any cars built between Gregs last personal car and the second Abbott car.. (there was a almost complete chassis at one time, but I was lucky enough to be allowed to cut it in half after backing my car into a concrete barrier two weeks before the runoffs in 03 ) I could be wrong though, and there could be 11...
    Last edited by Dave Woodmancy; 02.05.13 at 12:02 AM.

Contributing Member Chris Elwell's Avatar
    Liked: 58

John Pitman from Carlisle, PA has one. I don't know what chassis number it is. If you want his email let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Elwell View Post
    John Pitman from Carlisle, PA has one. I don't know what chassis number it is. If you want his email let me know.
    I think Johns car may be a GB3??

Liked: 23

Yes, John Pitman has a GB-3

Hi Dave,

I think you're right. His name was Jeff Dingus. I don't know if I am spelling it right. I think he ran the car for a year or two and switched to some closed wheel class. I bought my Vector kit from Mitchell and with the help of Greg Bruns updated it to a GB4. I would be curious to find out if the car did go to Texas. How about you. Did you sell your Vector. Anyway, I'm thinking of getting back into FV out here in Montana. Keep your eye out for a decent car. Hope everything is going good with you and your family. Come out and visit us sometime. We have lots of room!

Thanks
    Jeff Leonas

Liked: 174

Not to get too far off the topic, I remember a GB-1 or GB-2 running at M-O
    in the late 90's. I think it may have been the first one that Bruns constructed?

Mark

92' Protoform P-1

Default Pete Gresock Sterling Heights, MI

Jeff, after Jeff Dinges bought your car he ran it for a year or two. He then sold your trailer and FV separtely. Doug Kyr bought your Vector GB4. Doug is located in West Chester, Ohio. I believe he is still around and may still have your car.

Liked: 190

Quote Originally Posted by Amon View Post
    Not to get too far off the topic, I remember a GB-1 or GB-2 running at M-O
    in the late 90's. I think it may have been the first one that Bruns constructed?
    I'll use GR's site (very informative) to give the "skinny" on Greg Bruns history at the Runoffs. Greg's car was typically purple in color.

'90 GB-1 Road Atlanta
    '94 & '95 GB-3 Mid-Ohio
    '96, '97, '98, '01, '02 GB-4 Mid-Ohio (in '97, Greg lead laps 2 thru 4 and in '98, Greg lead laps 3 & 5)

Not sure that's the car you're thinking of, but I just like the fact that the link GR listed has every Runoffs driver for a few decades. Useful stuff

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...rivers-a-e.pdf
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 02.13.13 at 11:23 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 9

Post Vector GB5

Who now owns Vector Formula Vee? I went down to RA with Mitchell Ferguson where he finished 2nd & 3rd in the double National in his GB4.
    I am designing a GB5 & I need to find out if I need to call it something else besides a Vector.
    Cooling, weight & steering being the big changes. I have learned a lot from the 8 years building airplanes, so my plan is to have one of my cars win the aloosive Runoffs.

Liked: 113

I believe Terry Abbott owns Vector cars now. He will be at the FV birthday party.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Liked: 19

I have owned Vector Race Cars since April 2004.
    contact me if you have questions

thanks,

248-514-7255
    Terry Abbott

2-Vector FV's
    1-SM Miata

Liked: 9

Default GB4

Reply offline if you would like Gregory420@gmail.com.
    Price and all details

For Sale

Jeff,

I own your old car #006 and I am selling all my vee stuff. Ar you still interested? I live in Cincinnati.

Doug Kyr

Thread Information