Contributing Member Bernard Bradpiece's Avatar
    Liked: 182

Default Need to deliver 12' trailer to Arizona

I have a 6' * 12' enclosed trailer that needs to go from Maryland to Arizona. Anybody any advice on a delivery firm that might take it?
    Thanks
    Bernard
    bradpiece@cs.com

Contributing Member flat tappet's Avatar
    Liked: 1

[QUOTE=BB2;375513]I have a 6' * 12' enclosed trailer that needs to go from Maryland to Arizona. Anybody any advice on a delivery firm that might take it?
    Thanks
    Bernard
    bradpiece@cs.com[/QUOTE

Bernard........go to uship.com, put in the from to zip codes.....and usually you will get a ton of quotes.I am assuming that you want someone to tow it?

Liked: 0

[QUOTE=flat tappet;375557]
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2 View Post
    I have a 6' * 12' enclosed trailer that needs to go from Maryland to Arizona. Anybody any advice on a delivery firm that might take it?
    Thanks
    Bernard
    bradpiece@cs.com[/QUOTE

Bernard........go to uship.com, put in the from to zip codes.....and usually you will get a ton of quotes.I am assuming that you want someone to tow it?
    This just be sure whoever you get to do it has the proper DOT #'s and insurance, lot of fly by night companies on uShip
    CDR T&S (Road Racing) "Screw politics lets race"
    '84 Mazda RX7 S7 #30 "The Famine Car" aka "The Vampire car"
    '97 Mazda Miata "Baby Cop Car" ES #30
    Help stop world hunger

Liked: 3787

I would sell the trailer in Maryland. Mail a cashiers check to arizona. Buy another trailer out there.

Liked: 1112

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    I would sell the trailer in Maryland. Mail a cashiers check to arizona. Buy another trailer out there.
    +1

Unless there's something special inside it.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 111

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    That was my exact thought. Unless that is an amazing small trailer, I would sell it and buy another small trailer there. Not likely worth the gas or diesel to get it there. Glad others thought so as well.

Liked: 530

+3

Used trailers sell for the same price as new trailers.. you'll be ahead the cost of shipping if you sell it now and buy another.

Liked: 19

$990 in gas for my 98' Town N country...........I'm not doing anything, and been back and forth a little less than a million times......neat route thru New Mex and Apache country and the Salt River Canyon (To Phoenix???).....past a field of giant mushrooms.....ahhh...errr...field of radio telescopes that was in a ET movie with the bare chest guy (reverend) and the sitcom girl (scientist)....need a little more than $990, so do they stuff 12 footers on a tractor trailer setup, better deal??? In Md/DC if you need me, Have Warmth, Will Travel (Phoenix, Miami)......what happened to Paladin anyway??? This is a quiz, be it movie, scientist, sitcomgirl, Paladin, or to help the guy above, a tractor trailor he can hitchhike on. (Longest Hitchhike - Miami-DC 1275m,-thumb...don't do it now kids!!!)
    Last edited by Modo; 01.22.13 at 8:07 PM.

Contributing Member Bernard Bradpiece's Avatar
    Liked: 182

Default I get the message

Guys.
    Thanks for the advice. I have a trailer in Annapolis I advertised in e-karting and a guy in Arizona asked what it would cost to deliver. So far the bids are more than the trailer cost. Will sell locally. Nuf said although I would like some of what Mike is smoking!
    Bernard

Be smok'n the Tatuus soon at a track near you.......NOW THAT"S, a pipe dream, no smoke since 77', maybe that's the problem

Nita just got home.....Matthew McCaunaghy for Reverend(bare chested guy as refererred to by Jay Leno).....'Mad About You', Nita got that far after proding for scientist sitcom girl, can't get that one yet.....simplex name, top notch actress but not Movie Starr, ouch, just did head scanning routine and came up with ellen somethingorouother, Nita got it, 'Helen Hunt' "You guys for the MOVIE and the mushrooms, er radio telescopes!!"
    Last edited by Modo; 01.22.13 at 8:21 PM.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Holy smokes

I should get a friggin' medal - "Twister"

I gotta go lay down!

Liked: 111

Modo, I mean no offense, but is there a google translate function for modo-ese?

SO now the Movie title, Huh, from you guys (not important but join in)..........then Paladin the cowboy ah er gunfighter (not appropriate because-current events) ok Paladin was a gunfighter in a 1960's series cowboy show called 'Have Gun Will Travel' (charactor name not actor) yea, boring to the shifter karters......thinking about getting one, where can I get one, I got/have money!!

I know that some young guys are wondering, 'What is a Radio Telesocpe', u can't see radiowaves with your eye's or with a telescope......google that, simple antenna SchtufffF!!!!
    Last edited by Modo; 01.22.13 at 9:03 PM.

Liked: 3787

Default stream of consciousness

Sometimes, usually after a few cocktails, if i read Modo prose very slowly... out loud... and pause at length anytime there are periods typed in a row (....) and pretend i'm in the 60s again...

I think i understand him.

How i would like to meet his 9th grade English teacher...

Circa 1966-67....Mrs. Rosen's English class, After a classroom kackle during a test, George(K3TQM) and I (WA3DXT), (Ham radio Idiots) were sending the telegraphers signal for a LOL, 'Hi' (dit-dit-dit-dit...dit-dit) to each other with our hands, closing and opening or hands, we looked at each other and lifted our eyebrows and signaled after someone made a really dumbarsth joke, this was during a test, and we got sent to the P's-office, Rosie was thinking we were cheating,........ no way, we were cheating on that simple arsth test, we were just signaling, 'U R kidding me, Yuk' ...and we were boring straight, no cheaters......well, when u open and close your hand to send a message, or now, 2013, text a friend, HELLLL!!l, u don't don't send the unneccessary...........Information Theory....numerous PHD's

Thanks Mike, and when I met you in Atlanta, Anita said I was rude for barging into your group, but I had to say Hi to you while I could, fellow FC, before going back and trying to do 4 jobs myself, panic!!!, enjoyed following your Runoff's effort a while ago.
    Last edited by Modo; 01.22.13 at 10:00 PM.

Liked: 5

The movie with the radio telescopes in it is "Contact" with Jodie Foster as the scientist and Matthew McCaugnhey as the preacher so falls in love with.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Like that Galbraith quote Lance.....

Jodi...Thanks, .....dot dot dot LOL...anyway, if you get a chance to chase Arizona from the east, instead of Flagstaff and down, try going down in New Mex, then across on New Mex maybe 15 or whatever it is and enjoy, was looking at a map and when doing that in 79' was saying, "No way is that mountian/bluff/peak over there 12K, I then passed a sign saying u r at 6.5K......duhhh, same raised plain as in Denver only south of there, you are already up there so 12K it is.....by the way, was going to compete in the Rabbit Bilstein Cup at Phoenix Int'l, drove to eight races licensed for US highways, throw all, out of the car and take off the exhaust baffle, and let er' rip.......fun to be young/risky.........talk about 'King O' Cheap'.....Keke Rosberg, Patrick Tambay, and Jackie Ikx were there on RR circuits, two rounds at Trenton and Phoenix Ovals, novelety was that both ovals had a back stretech that had RIGHT bends, an attempt to NOT be left, left, left, left, left, hey, only 345 laps to go, look at them go, only 344 laps now, the pedal is to the metal!!! Go to your left your left your left...........
    Last edited by Modo; 01.22.13 at 11:36 PM.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default My shot for redemption

"SETI"

Liked: 96

"stream of consciousness"

Yep, that's what I was thinking. Direct flow, brain to fingertips. No filter.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Thread Information