Liked: 702

Default US Formula 1000 EAST Schedule!

Finally!

US FORMULA 1000 CHAMPIONSHIP EAST ANNOUNCES 2013 SCHEDULE

GREEN BAY, WIS. (January 14, 2013) The US Formula 1000 East Championship has published its racing schedule for 2013. In previous years, the Championship encompassed all SCCA national races throughout the United States with drivers accruing points in their part of the country. However, in 2013 the series will focus on five specific double weekends, plus the Runoffs finale. The six events will be part of SCCA National races and were chosen based on driver feedback.
    The series will kick off the season on the west side of the Mississippi River in March at the Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas at a double event held in conjunction with the US Formula 1000 Championship West. In April, the series moves to Virginia International Raceway for the Oak Tree double national. Roughly one month later the series will hold the Formula 1000 Festival at Road Atlanta. The June date will be held at the Road America as part of the long-running June Sprints, an event that could be preview of the National Championship Runoffs. The final regular-season event will be at Watkins Glen one month later.
    The series will meet up with the US Formula 1000 Championship West series once again at the season finale, held at Road America at the SCCA National Championship Runoffs.

2013 US Formula 1000 East Championship schedule:

Race 1 and 2...March 9-10...Circuit of The Americas*, Austin, TX
    Race 3 and 4...April 20-21...Virginia International Raceway*, Alton, VA
    Race 5 and 6...May 17-18...Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA (Formula 1000 Festival)
    Race 7 and 8...June 14-16...Road America*, Elkhart Lake, WI
    Race 9 and 10...July 6-7...Watkins Glen International*, Watkins Glen, NY

US Formula 1000 Championship Race
    Race 11...September 20-22, Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI (SCCA Runoffs)

*-these events are part of the SCCA Majors Tour

For more information on The US Formula 1000 East Championship contact Mike Beauchamp at east@USF1000.com

Stay tuned for more exciting info on the Formula 1000 Festival at Road Atlanta in May!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 1432

Beautiful work Mike....love it!

Thanks for putting this together

Liked: 14

Nice Mike

Good to see the June Sprints is a double for FB

Thanks for the hard work Mike.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Couplea Q's

As of last year the WGI race went from being a 2xNat to a 2xReg as I recall.
    What is that weekend going to be for '13?

I personally am not that jacked up about having two events at the same track (pretty much my stand for the past however many years that the RO's have been at Rd Am!), but I know the attendance at the Sprints pretty much demands it be included on the schedule.

Funny note in regard to that - the Sprints used to be on the OLD Star Mazda Series / Southeast series (prior to it becoming an East series.
    I guess you could say that place has some kinda magical pull...

Thank you Mike for all the hard work and COMMITMENT to Formula 1000!
    Last edited by glenn cooper; 01.14.13 at 9:51 PM.

Liked: 702

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    As of last year the WGI race went from being a 2xNat to a 2xReg as I recall.
    What is that weekend going to be for '13?
    This weekend has already been announced as a double header and part of the Majors and BFG Super Tour:
    http://www.scca.com/events/news.cfm?eid=5364&cid=51225

I personally am not that jacked up about having two events at the same track (pretty much my stand for the past however many years that the RO's have been at Rd Am!), but I know the attendance at the Sprints pretty much demands it be included on the schedule.

Funny note in regard to that - the Sprints used to be on the OLD Star Mazda Series / Southeast series (prior to it becoming an East series.
    I guess you could say that place has some kinda magical pull...
    It has a very strong pull with me because it's 60 minutes from my house.

Seriously, the other choice was M-O but it would've only allowed 2 weeks from Road Atlanta to that race. I think we'll have a bigger field at Road America.

I thought the Rd Atl 2xNat in May was a Majors race?
    Nope, that got changed back the March weekend. http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55829
    When you see the schedule for the May weekend, I think you'll like it.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Wait!

You mean... NO WAY! Even Butch at the height of his powers could not pull that off!

Liked: 80

great job mike, jeremy

Liked: 43

Amazing job on that schedule Mike.

Double races on approximate 4 week breaks to service the car and a time gap to prepare for the runoffs. All great tracks selected. Who could ask for more ? (maybe Coop)

Liked: 11

Default Great job Mike!

Looking forward to it!

Not sure what it's all about, but keep us posted on the " F1000 Festival at Rd. Atlanta" .

Heck, it seems every USF1000 weekend will qualify for that!
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Thread Information