Liked: 22

Default GLC 2013 shedule debate

Hello everyone. Its getting to be that time again. The annual meeting at Averill Racing Stuff will be held sometime in January. Thanks again Keith for having us.

So lets start by seeing who is available on what weekends in January. What we will try to do is make one Saturday attractive to as many racers as possible to create a 2013 racing schedule that can accomadate the group. So please post which Saturday is best for you.

Now that there seems to be only one tenetive date on the 2013 SCCA GLDiv schedule, maybe we get some perspective on what GLC competitors are looking for. Here is a link to the GLDiv schedule.

http://www.greatlakes-scca.org/files...%28TC%29_0.pdf

For fun, I thought I would put together some possible schedule senarios.

Waterford June 8-9
    Gingerman July 13-14 (Nat.)
    Grattan July 27-28 (Reg.)
    Mid Ohio Aug. 10-11 (Restricted Reg.)

I.T.Spectacular, Hope our group gets the invite this year.

Mid Ohio June 15-16 (T) (Reg.)
    Waterford Sept. 7-8

If the M.O. race happens

MIS May 25-26 (Nat.)
    Waterford Aug. 10-11
    Mid Ohio Oct. 12-13

MIS May 25-26 (Nat.)
    Mid Ohio June 15-16 (T) (Reg.)
    Waterford Sept.7-8

There are several different ways to do this. Nice to have a lot of choices. We could also entertain the idea of a 6 race (3 weekend) or a 10 race (5 weekend) championship. Just a thought.

So post away with ideas and thoughts guys..
    Corey Collins

Liked: 2

Corey here is what I came up with after talking the other day. My thought with having a 5 weekend schedule is for a few reasons:
    - Waterford?s entry fee for a double weekend at $155 for members (around $175 for non-members) justifies an extra race weekend on the calendar for 2013
    - Allows for competitors to choose their 6 races to flex around work and family schedules
    - Allows for 2 people to share a car and still get 5 out of 6 races completed
    - With the 5 weekend option I would vote for, 4 drops (2 race weekends) that way we are still scored for 6 races (as passed competitors are used to)
    - Also it makes everyone race at 2 tracks while staying close to home (benefit of this is everyone first, can Save Money on tow cost and Secondly they have to travel away from their home track at least once to make their 6 races)
    - I also posted a couple options for our usual 4 weekend format

I'm sure there are more options for our schedule and opinions about what Corey and I have posted. As Corey has encouraged in his post, GLC competitors and those who would like to join us in 2013 please join in and give us your input. Thanks

Michael Baden

Waterford May 4-5
    Waterford June 8-9
    Mid-Ohio August 31-Sept. 1

Waterford June 8-9
    Waterford Sept. 7-8

Waterford June 8-9

Waterford June 8-9
    Waterford Sept.7-8

Waterford Sept.7-8
    Last edited by Baden#24; 01.06.13 at 8:44 PM. Reason: Change in Mid-Ohio Dates

Default Glc series

GLC series best 8 of 10 regional races.

#1 June 8,9 Waterford
    #2 July 13,14 Gingerman
    #3 July 27,28 Grattan
    #4 Aug.31 Sept.1 Mid-Ohio
    #5 Oct.5,6 Mid_Ohio

Mid-Ohio June 14,16 might not work because of the Grand Am series and it is a Restricted Regional.
    Last edited by LAJ; 01.06.13 at 12:06 AM. Reason: because I can

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Lee is probably right.

Last year that race was a tin top fest with a waiting list for entries.

Several people showed up and got turned away due to the normal restrictions of how many cars are allowed on the track at a time. IIRC at MO it is either 59 or 65.

But all the run groups (I think there were 2) were full. At least that is what I wss told by someone who was lucky enough to get his entry in early enough to get to run.

Liked: 610

Default GLC meeting for 2013

The GLC series meeting for the 2013 season for Ford powered FC and CFC, will be held at Averill Racing Stuff, in Madison Heights, Saturday, February 23rd, starting around 2PM.
    Among the topics will be the creation of a race schedule.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 95

Default Meeting

Unfortunately I leave for Florida on the 22nd. Best wishes to everybody. PLEASE show support for those who make efforts to continue making the GLC a success by attending and voting on what we all want. It's a democracy so participate, debate and let's have some good times bench racing.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Default GLC 2013

Florida Jim !
    You're taking a vacation !!!

Good for you.
    Enjoy the time down south.
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 95

Default Florida

Yeah I cannot understand why more people don't realise that tickets for Sebring this year are a damn good idea being that it's the last year before reformation. All the factories are going I think and the weather well... . Bucket list for me anyway.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Default Sebring

OK, that sounds better, you're going to see a race.
    I thought you were taking a (non-racer) regular person kind of vacation to Florida.
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 19

Default Tentative 2013 GLC Schedule

We had a good turn out for the annual meeting yesterday. Great to see the returning competitors and nice to see some new faces interested in joining the series. The schedule (pending a couple of confirmations) is as follows:

Waterford June 8-9
    Mid-Ohio August 31-Sept. 1 (Reg.)
    Waterford Sept. 28-29

We will have our own run group for least one of the two Waterford weekends. (Which one is still TBD.) Championships will be based on best 8 races of the 10 race series.

We have support from KFP Brake Pads again Class winners of each race will get an axel set of pads. A tire deal is in the works and we should have details on that in a few weeks.

There is no series fee again this year, but all competitors must register and display series decals. Contact Keith Averill for details.

Default Thanks Everyone!

The schedule looks good. Sorry we didn't make the meeting as we got stuck in Indiana. We will be running the full series this year and are looking foward to an enjoyable racing season. Also joing us this year in a 94-95 VD will be Craig Campbell. Can't wait to see everyone at Waterford in June!!
    Thanks,
    Michael and Chuck Baden
    FC Tatuus #24

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Is there any way you guys can relocate your tracks to Minnesota ? Sounds like a great series & I will try to make some of it....
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Contributing Member
    Liked: 39

It was a good meeting, well attended(10.or 11?). Always good, close competition. If you want to race open wheel in the Great Lakes area....come on out. Nothing wrong with 12-16 car fields!!!!!

Default GLC 2013

I would also like to add a thank you to Sam Voydanoff and Kim Franca (she couldn't make it but Carlos did) for the food and munchies.
    I will e-mail everyone who is interested when the unknowns about the schedule are firm.

A note to racerdad2.
    In our early years, we travelled further west then we do now and held a race at Autobahn The bulk that showed up were the regulars from around here. So now we stay on this side of Lake Michigan. But if you can make it, come join us, we'd love to have you.

If you have not recieved e-mails in the past and would like to be kept informed, send your address to me at, glc.series@racing-stuff.com
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Thread Information