Liked: 8

Default Cen-div FF - who is doing what in 2013?

I figured we could make a new thread. Just call me Allen of 2013. On second thought, dont.

Just followed Ethan's link and read description of the national+ concept. Interesting.

2013 “National Plus” (N+) events: The Central Division of SCCA is excited to announce a new concept
    in event scheduling for 2013. The National Plus program provides participants an opportunity to
    maximize the value from race weekend costs and avoid the event management challenges associated
    with a full Double National weekend. We think National Plus will be a success for everyone.
    National Plus events will be run in two complementary parts, on two separate race weekends, with both
    parts conducted at the same racing venue.
    Race Groups will be consistent throughout the season for the National Plus events. There will
    be 8 Race Groups, which will include ALL National Classes.
    During the first weekend, Race Groups 1 through 8 will race PLUS four Race Groups will race a
    second National. This approach offers a Double National for those four race groups.
    During the second weekend, Race Groups 1 through 8 will race PLUS the OTHER four Race
    Groups will race a second National.
    The bottom line is that over two weekends, all National competitors will have three races at one
    track.
    This program does not select who receives more track time by the popularity of their classes,
    but offers equal time and opportunity for everyone in our National racing program.
    Both the Race Groups and which Groups race twice on any given weekend are still under discussion, and
    will be announced shortly. For 2013, National Plus events will be conducted at Blackhawk Farms
    Raceway and Road America, with two weekends at each track. There will also be a Double Rational
    weekend at Brainerd.
    With this format, CenDiv aims to address the main issues competitors confront in our division: cost to
    race, availability of National events, and desire for increased competition (and fun). Including these four
    National Plus events provides every National class the opportunity to race in nine in-division Nationals
    across 6 weekends. This represents four more nationals than there were in 2012, which is an increase
    of 80%!
    (from PDF @ http://www.cendiv-scca.org/03racing/...xplanation.pdf)

2013 schedule in PDF: http://www.cendiv-scca.org/03racing/...CE%20DATES.pdf

Schedule image:
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Liked: 3

Default Cen-Div FF 2013

Mike:

You need to change your avatar! Perhaps a flying pig (can morph from a flying hawk).

Cindy

How this one?

:-)
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Or this:
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Liked: 124

We may be back on the grid with the Eagle (alongside our F5 entry), but with some harder tires. A HUGE thanks to Wes Allen and Nick Fuchs for their attention to detail and first class work on manufacturing new AAR-spec parts, they are absolutely beautiful.

As well, a huge thanks to Rob and John from TDI for their help getting the steering quicker in the 'ol bird. It's not that I was smooth in it, I just couldn't turn the wheel fast enough.

Happy Holidays to all!

Respectfully Yours,

Jacques "FF5" Dresang
    Jacques N. Dresang
    Kettle Moraine Preservation & Restoration
    1977 All American Racers Eagle DGF #005
    1972 Elden Mk10B AM73-49 - #140/1

Liked: 20

It's a little early for me to know what the budget and vacation time will look like for 2013, but my plan is to run a mix of regionals and nationals in the CenDiv.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to BIR to check out the new improvements they made to the track this past fall. It looks like its going to be fast, check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCqLzMbqLrg

Ethan Mackey
    EuroSwift SC94

Liked: 43

I'm not sure the track will be much faster for lap times. Even though the track is now wider and smoother, it appears as if we lost the positive camber in the corners 4,5, and 6. The one thing that will probably result from the new track improvements is that it doesn't look like it will be as much single line racing. That new flat, smooth, pavement has me thinking there will be a lot more opportunity for side by side racing. The Fun Factor just went up big time on this track. Let the battle of late braking and late apexing begin. This track is going to be a hoot this year.

Thread Information