Liked: 6

Default Aerocraft PFM body carbon parts

Hers some pics of my carbon backed fiberglass Pro Mazda body parts. Sorry but im having problems uploading pics.
    Last edited by R S F; 12.01.12 at 7:48 PM. Reason: no pics

Still getting a server error trying to upload pictures.

Liked: 0

AerocraftFiberglass.com
    Lloyd Read
    www.lloydread.com
    Facebook: facebook.com/LloydReadRacing
    Twitter: @LloydRead16

I picked up a full set of Ricks carbon bodywork for my Star Mazda this past week and cannot say enough about these pieces! Not only is every part hand built with quality being the main piece in mind, but these parts are far superior to anything I have seen before. A full set of bodywork weighs in at just 30lbs! These parts are not going to flap around like other light weight pieces either. Each part is reinforced to last yet somehow is insanely light! I definitely would recommend anyone who is struggling to reach that minimum weight, needs better fitting bodywork, or simply wants carbon bodywork like the F1 cars have to give Rick a call ASAP!
    Last edited by LWR24; 01.05.13 at 11:58 AM.
    Lloyd Read
    www.lloydread.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Default Cost

Hi,

How are they priced compared to the Star carbon parts please LWR? And one other question please, seems the engine covers (most I have seen) from Star have a visible step when mating to the flat top of the tub at the rear bulk head versus a smooth transition. Pic below. Are these pieces without the same fitment issue? Not sure if your car had it before of not. A low percentage of PFM's I have seen didn't have the issue I reference above.

Thanks
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 12.08.12 at 4:09 PM.

Hi Blair, my Carbon parts are priced a bit cheaper than Stars as im the MFG, engine covers are 1100 in Carbon and 800.00 is fiberglass. Worldspeed uses my parts and said the engine cover fits very well, i dont think mine step up like on your car. If you have any questions please call anytime at 541 301 5135 Thanks...Rick @ Aerocraft Fiberglass

Default Aerocraft PFM price list.

Sidepod tops. Fiberglass 1100.00 Carbon 1500.00 Sidepod bottoms Fiberglass 1100.00 Carbon 1300.00 Shock cover Fiberglass 425.00 Carbon 500.00 Engine cover Fiberglass 800.00 Carbon 1100.00 And ask about discounted prices on multiple parts Call 541 301 5135 or email rdee400@hotmail.com Thanks...Rick Fitzgerald

Quote Originally Posted by Blair Robertshaw View Post
    Hi,

How are they priced compared to the Star carbon parts please LWR? And one other question please, seems the engine covers (most I have seen) from Star have a visible step when mating to the flat top of the tub at the rear bulk head versus a smooth transition. Pic below. Are these pieces without the same fitment issue? Not sure if your car had it before of not. A low percentage of PFM's I have seen didn't have the issue I reference above.

Thanks
    Hi Blair,

Most of the time the step you are referring to is a fitment issue. The heat that the motor puts out constantly warps the bodywork and needs constant attention. My mechanic is fitting my new carbon bodywork this week and I will let you know what the fitment is like straight from Rick. The carbon shock cover I got from him fit like butter and required no trimming at all. Ricks parts don't have as much flex as my old northwest parts did either. I will update this thread once the parts are fitted in the next couple of weeks. Judging on how well the shock cover fit and from holding the parts up to the car, these parts are far superior to the old northwest parts.
    Last edited by LWR24; 01.05.13 at 11:59 AM.
    Lloyd Read
    www.lloydread.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Lloyd,

Thanks for the pic. looks much nicer than the light weight glass I use. Will the new Pro Mazda Championship series allow you to use those parts?

thanks

yes, for now.

Ok so heres the skinny on Aerocraft pfm parts use in The Pro Formula Mazda series. They are grandfatherd in untill the second race then the officials will tag everything and any parts after that will be illegal. But its JUST for the pro series only, Aerocraft parts are legal in all other series. So from now untill March 1st i will take 10% off all of my pfm parts!! Fiberglass or Fiberglass/Carbon parts! Call 541 301 5135 or email rdee400@hotmail.com Thanks...Rick @ Aerocraft

Guys, take advantage of Rick's discounted pricing! Rick's got these parts down to a science. Even if you don't need parts right now, stock up on some spares while this pricing lasts.
    Lloyd Read
    www.lloydread.com

Thread Information