Liked: 151

Default 2013 venues FFDA Championship

The Formula First Drivers Association (FFDA a Wisconsin 501-C3 corporation) is looking for organizers, event partners , venues for its 2013 Championship. This is contested in ten races over five weekends starting preferably in late may and ending before Mid October. Last season every race had a double digit entry and with six new cars making a planned appearance this year we should be typically at 15 entries per event. All our events have event sponsors. Our requirements are fairly simple.
    Double format: Saturday qualification Saturday race/Sunday qualification, Sunday Race. No qualifying races at all

1. We insist if the event is on a short course that we have our own race group. If the event is on long coarse we are amenable to running with a small formula car group provided appropriate split starts are utilized when appropriate. We will not run with winged cars or sports racers. We also feel our cars are not suited to superspeedway events such as those held at places like Pocono.
    2. Our drivers travel long distances to races therefore we require race group preference
    3. Insurance must be directly comparable to SCCA and an insurance certificate must be provided to the FFDA board.
    4. The FFDA requires that sufficient paddock space be allotted to our competitors.
    5. We require corner and tech staffing be equivalent to an SCCA Regional
    6. Tech enforcement shall be in accordance with GCR but modified by FFDA series tech modifications (supplied well in advance of the event).
    7. The event must be in the mid west or in the northeastern part of the country. The epicenter of current FFDA members is somewhere around Toledo Ohio. Drivers come from Minneapolis MN as far east as Hartford CT down to Washington DC.

If you have an event where the series can participate please get in touch with me either by PM here (APEX) or by e-mailing fst at Rochester dot rr dot com.

Thanks
    Last edited by rgu; 12.01.12 at 2:19 PM. Reason: typo

Default OPPS!

I've made an error.

Bill Wolfe has correctly pointed out to me that Albuquerque; New Mexico is the western-most driver’s locale so far for our series.

Bill intends to do our entire series next year so he will undoubtedly get very familiar with some Midwestern airports.

Also for those who might consider renting a Formula First from far off locales I have been completely satisfied with Delta’s service through its Detroit hub. It’s relatively cheap and reliable especially in comparison the other airline that begins with “U” which goes through O’Hare. So it’s not bad getting to venues such as Grattan and Nelson Ledges.

I arrived at the Toledo epicenter concept by computing member mileage from their houses to all the tracks from last year. It’s still valid for driving.

Welcome aboard Bill

Default 2013 Series

Bill and I have been working on a tentative series. What we have to work with is not wonderful--probably the worst selection ever but I think we will get what we need in the end. We still don't have all the official schedules so we can't announce anything. I'm hoping this we be a completed process before the Holiday season.

Liked: 190

Just to add to RGU's post, the ongoing changes in SCCA club racing has made series race selection an interesting proposition, I.E. there aint a lot of choices.

Although many schedules are still not official, we've reviewed enough advanced copies to come up with some good ideas for 2013. As Robert stated, look for something before month end.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Thread Information