Liked: 3

Default Do you have already seen this car racing in US ?

Hi all,

This car is now in Europe and ride very good.
    I try to rebuit his history: do you have already seen this car racing on the last 30 years ?
    Perhaps in Carolina.
    Regards,
    Etienne

Liked: 190

I see a Midwestern Council (MC) sticker on the nose, good chance the car is from a hundred miles or so from Chicago.

If anyone would recognize the car, it would be Butch Deer. He is from the Chicago area and has been racing FV's for amost 50 years.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 113

Default APAL Formula vee

This car first showed up on the Charlotte craigs list in September of 2009. The long since dead link was:

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/1363349113.html

The vintage racers in the SE could not ID the chassis. I suggested and Juke Puurunen of Finland confirmed it was an APAL. Not one of the vintage FV racers in the SE could recall hearing of or seeing the car before. It had little to no markings to indicate its previous racing organization in the racing pictures

In october / november of 2009 Yves Boode purchased the car with the intention of running with VSCDA. We would have been excited to have yet another variety of Z-bar formula vee running in the Monoposto compliant racing group. For unrelated reasons Yves decided to not run any further VSCDA races and it appears from the markings that he ran in the Midwest Council history group.

The origins of the car remain a mystery before September of 2009 and it was inferred that the seller at that time had very little knowledge about the history of the car.

I am sorry I do not have more information - but we simply ran into dead ends on this car.
    Last edited by Mark_Silverberg; 11.25.12 at 4:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 433

Have a look and see if there is a SCCA number stamped on the roll bar. Once I found this on mine it opened a whole new episode to what could be found out. You might have to sand off some of the paint on the rollbar to find it. It is usually close to where the small hole is drilled to show the thickness of the tubing.
    Cheers, Graham.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

is that a Beach?

Liked: 113

No, it is an APAL formula vee. APAL was a (very) small scale automobile manufacturer who also produced a formula vee.

The car has a similar appearance to a Beach as did many european FV from that era.

For more on APAL please go to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apal

http://www.apalclub.be/index.htm
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Liked: 76

As Mark said this car was at Yves Bode shop "Historic Sports Cars" in woodstock ,Il

I have no other information to add.
    butch deer

Thread Information