Thread: Cost?

Liked: 49

Default Cost?

Sorry if this has been gone through, but I'm curious what the current estimates are for how much money you'd need to spend to get into F600.. I'm talking about the car itself, not related costs like tools/trailer etc.

I guess I should do a bit more research, but assume I'm lazy and happy with my current class, just curious about cars with bike engines on the cheap

Liked: 5

The research source where you will find almost all of your answers is where
    F600 people hang out - www.formula500.org/forum.php

A quick answer for you:

Brand new race car ready to run without options = about $25K+

Take a F500, sell off the 2 stroke stuff and convert it into a F600
    without options = about $10K+

HTH,
    Jim
    Atlanta, GA

Liked: 49

Yeah, for some reason I couldn't find the formula500 forum - googling just lead me to the anti-F600 version at f500.org or something. Jeez, that's a scary place haha.

Thanks for the round numbers. I got a couple of messages from Dan McMahan that were also very helpful!

I think I'm going to keep this idea on the back of my mind. I'm not really the pioneer kind of guy, I usually need the help of people who have done it before. There aren't really any F500s running locally much less an F600, but if I run into a cheap F500 roller that isn't too far away, I'd definitely take a look at the possibility of making it a long term project..

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Santos View Post
    Yeah, for some reason I couldn't find the formula500 forum - googling just lead me to the anti-F600 version at f500.org or something. Jeez, that's a scary place haha.

Thanks for the round numbers. I got a couple of messages from Dan McMahan that were also very helpful!

I think I'm going to keep this idea on the back of my mind. I'm not really the pioneer kind of guy, I usually need the help of people who have done it before. There aren't really any F500s running locally much less an F600, but if I run into a cheap F500 roller that isn't too far away, I'd definitely take a look at the possibility of making it a long term project..
    For F500's remember to find one in 1990's or newer as the roll bar rule increased in size. The anti F600 guys were kicked off at least 3 forums, including this one, because they just would not stop calling people bad names so they set up their own forum.

Jim

Thread Information