Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked: 84

deleted
    Last edited by JohnPaul; 11.24.12 at 7:09 PM.

Liked: 0

For pricing on containers I would suggest contacting modspace, Williams scottsman, or mobile storage. I am probably going to go with modspace.

Jerry Hodges is planning on running the Factory JDR car at COTA so that makes 14 to date. He has 2 more in the process of being built and the owners are also planning on COTA! Jerry is in St. Louis and is looking to find someone that may be driving through St.Louis that would be interested in driving down together and splitting costs.

COTA is going to be a long haul for just about everyone. If there are guys with multi-car haulers that are planning to go to the race and would like to link up with other drivers to split costs speak up. There are plenty of people in surrounding states or on route from just about everywhere in the country that would like to split towing costs.

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

John a few people to add to your list. And your right.. I think the inaguaral kick off to both east and west will see the field in the 20's to 30's !!

John these are some additional people that from the west/some east that sound good for COTA based on survey results we did a short while ago and or communication:

Larry Vollum
    Terry Biner
    Denis Costin
    Rod Morley
    Rod Rice
    Alain Clarinval - Astra race cars designer - driver TBA -
    JR osbourne
    Fernando Ortiz
    Nicho Vardis
    Chuck Raggio
    Blair Robertshaw
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

COTA FB Drivers list:

JohnPaul
    Glenn Cooper
    John Labrie
    Anthony Autiello
    Brett Lane
    Rich Franklin
    Michael Crowe
    Tim Pierce
    Gary Hickman
    David Burkett
    Nicholas Belling
    Mike B.
    Jake Latham
    Jerry Hodges- JDR designer- Driver TBA
    Larry Vollum
    Terry Biner
    Denis Costin
    Rod Morley
    Rod Rice
    JR osbourne
    Fernando Ortiz
    Nicho Vardis
    Chuck Raggio
    Blair Robertshaw
    Brian Novak

That's 26 so far ! Probably going to see north of 30. Pretty sick!!! so what number gets us our own race??
    Last edited by JohnPaul; 11.26.12 at 12:14 PM.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Not sure

but off the top of my head I'd say 25 would be about right!

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

JP, Altaman is John LaBrie. Just in case you want to use his real name. Looks like we are going to have a great field.

Nicholas mentioned this already but I would really encourage everyone to make travel plans now including booking hotels, rental cars, etc. if needed as there is the South by Southwest Festivals in Austin that same weekend. Also, as soon as online registration opens get your entry in. Looking forward to seeing all of you there!

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by dwornik View Post
    I have great contacts with a hotel chain, and am working on a deal for great rates, so stay tuned......would people prefer to be in Austin, or closer to the track?
    Thanks, Stefan. I am interested, and would prefer close to the track.

Thank you.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 23

I would think we would have two to four weeks, like the end of December to come up with an accurate list of who is definitely going, and who needs rooms and how many. Someone could step up to the plate and block off 20 to 40 rooms somewhere. And everyone would pay that person before the deadline to cancel- or your roon gets cancelled.

I would do it, but I donĀ“t own credit cards anymore.

I'd say (if possible) both in Austin and close to the track. I know if my wife came she'd want to be in downtown not out in the middle of nowhere.

Liked: 20

Put me down on the list. I want in as long as I can figure out the logistics of getting there from Detroit.

And WHY would you put this weekend on SXSW?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    I'd say (if possible) both in Austin and close to the track. I know if my wife came she'd want to be in downtown not out in the middle of nowhere.
    :-). My wife already told me she wasn't going, so that's why I chose close to the track.

Kinda funny how priority #1 is trying to make the wife happy (like that's even possible! :-).

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Novak View Post
    Put me down on the list. I want in as long as I can figure out the logistics of getting there from Detroit.

And WHY would you put this weekend on SXSW?!?!
    awesome that's 26 so far. Anthony Auteillo is using Modspace.com for a 20' or 40' container delivered to the track roughly $.50-.75 per mile. sounds pretty reasonable (and [FONT=Verdana]Convenient[/FONT]).

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    :-). My wife already told me she wasn't going, so that's why I chose close to the track.

Kinda funny how priority #1 is trying to make the wife happy (like that's even possible! :-).
    I'm with you. If it was just me I'd be as close to the track as possible. I'm trying to talk my wife out to the trip all together

Liked: 66

Hey guys. This is going to be a hoot.

FYI, COTA is only a few miles from the Austin airport, and even if you stayed as far away as Round Rock (30 miles), it's only 30 minutes to get to the track. So you actually have a lot of choices hotel-wise.

Having said that, never hurts to book ahead. ;-)

Cheers,

John

Liked: 80

In the event that organizing a group discount for hotel rooms doesn't happen, remember that SCCA members get a 20% discount at Choice Hotels (Comfort Inn, Candlewood Suites, about 8 others) just by being a member. I use it all the time.

Go to SCCA.com, click "member login". Login with your member number. After you're logged in, click the discounts tab, then "Travel". There is a discount code there you can apply at www.choicehotels.com

I'm booked in Bastrop, TX at the moment, about 25 mins away, for about $80/night

Also, the Days Inn in Bastrop got good reviews from the F1 crowd on TripAdvisor, and is very cheap as well. www.daysinn.com

-J
    Last edited by JakeL; 11.26.12 at 5:05 PM.

I just tried to reserve a couple of rooms at the Quality Inn & Suites Airport and they didn't know anything about the SCCA discount. The girl told me to call back tomorrow and speak to a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeL View Post
    In the event that organizing a group discount for hotel rooms doesn't happen, remember that SCCA members get a 20% discount at Choice Hotels (Comfort Inn, Candlewood Suites, about 8 others) just by being a member. I use it all the time.

Go to SCCA.com, click "member login". Login with your member number. After you're logged in, click the discounts tab, then "Travel". There is a discount code there you can apply at www.choicehotels.com

I'm booked in Bastrop, TX at the moment, about 25 mins away, for about $80/night

Also, the Days Inn in Bastrop got good reviews from the F1 crowd on TripAdvisor, and is very cheap as well. www.daysinn.com

-J
    How cool would it be to get as many people in one hotel as possible. Not to mention a group discount. Problem is would we welcome back next year?

Liked: 80

My experience has been that none of them know the discount in the hotel. I just use the website. (www.choicehotels.com)

-J

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    I just tried to reserve a couple of rooms at the Quality Inn & Suites Airport and they didn't know anything about the SCCA discount. The girl told me to call back tomorrow and speak to a manager.

COTA FB Drivers list stands at 29:

JohnPaul
    Glenn Cooper
    John Labrie
    Anthony Autiello
    Brett Lane
    Rich Franklin
    Michael Crowe
    Tim Pierce
    Gary Hickman
    David Burkett
    Nicholas Belling
    Mike B.
    Jake Latham
    Jerry Hodges- JDR designer- Driver TBA
    Larry Vollum
    Terry Biner
    Denis Costin
    Rod Morley
    Rod Rice
    JR osbourne
    Fernando Ortiz
    Nicho Vardis
    Chuck Raggio
    Blair Robertshaw
    Brian Novak
    Bill Wald
    Alex Mayer
    Keith Roberts
    Last edited by JohnPaul; 11.28.12 at 12:52 PM.

Liked: 3

Default COTA

These images show elevation changes at COTA:

Liked: 52

I think Alex Mayer is planning to come as well, so that makes 28.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 10

Default COTA

You can put our Phoenix on the list!

Liked: 3787

What we are seeing evidenced on this thread is exactly what Butch Kummer and I were trying to get SCCA do with IMS since 2000 or so...
    If you put on an event at a big name track with cachet they will come. at least once.

I just booked a pretty nice hotel (value place austin)for COTA at a great price ($60 per night). check out this link of various local hotels:

http://www.reservetravel.com/v6/sear...F&siteId=23903

got this from the SCCA hotel discount program.

Well that puts us closing in on the 30 car field as of now being 3.5 months prior to event date. WOW, quite impressive.

When motorsport reg opens for COTA we will inform all drivers immediately.. here on apexspeed as well as all our mailing lists for both east and west coast. REGISTER the day you get the news that registration is open. remember you can always cancel for a full refund days prior.

Their has been interest by a few new to F1000 prep shop teams that are looking at running multiple cars. which will quickly add to the numbers and bring the field into the mid 30 car count field size easily.

I can see a 40 car field possible.
    Nicholas Belling

Default Drivers / Teams / Prep shops / Manufacturers

If you are not yet on the USF1000 mailing list and getting our series email updates..

Please email the respective East or West USF1000 championship region you are in and ask to get on the list.

To be added simply email one of the email addresses below and give us your name. Thats it..
    Email : west@USF1000.com or east@USF1000.com

Both Series championships have a mailing list related to series in their respective regions as well as a global email mailing list to the entire east and west when regarding the series as a whole.
    Nicholas Belling

Looks like Motion Dynamics, a professional race prep shop from New Hampshire is looking to be down there with the Spec Racer Fords, and will have room for a few more cars, is anyone is looking for transit from the North East, This will be a pretty easy and economical solution for the weekend.

www.mdracing.com

I am probably going to use them.

With a 30 +/- car field will we have our own race?

Default Good news for teams wanting to TEST weeks earlier at COTA

(www.MVPTrackTime.com) are hositng a three day track event at COTA February 1-3, 2013 if you'd like to get some practice time in before the US F1000 Championship race round 1.. this the the perfect for teams to sort out their packages and systems 6 weeks prior to COTA.

Contact Feff at email --> Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com or (314) 249-3770 for details and/or registration for this..

Thanks,
    Nicholas Belling

Why is that good news? Why not let it be a level playing field for the first race?

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    Why is that good news? Why not let it be a level playing field for the first race?
    I wouldn't worry too much. the website says it's sold out already.

Liked: 151

If you show up and are on a level playing field, you're doing it wrong.

Liked: 4

Default hotel deal

I have great contacts with a hotel chain, and am working on a deal for great rates, so stay tuned......would people prefer to be in Austin, or closer to the track?

I just heard that my deal with the Hotel chain will not work for this event, so sorry if some of you were waiting on me.

The dates are really bad because of the music festival. It's going to be hard to get decent room rates. I was working with Kevin Armitage with Localhospitality.com to get good rates. He has special SCCA rates. The only hotel that had good prices is Value Place Austin ($50-60 per night). I booked two rooms. It's a pretty new building and the reviews are very good. Word is that they are going to raise their rates very soon so I'd book asap. If you wait too long all the room rates in the city are going to triple. Don't wait, you can cancel up to the day before check in.

click on the link:

[FONT=Calibri] SCCA Hotel Discount Service[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri][/FONT]

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Does anyone know if we can camp at the track?

Stay away from MVP Track time & Mark Pfeffer, he sold me his Radical SR3 earlier this year, once I received the car, (which I paid a fair market price for) the car was in drastically different condition than the pictures he advertised and sent me. The carburetors were broken, with holes in all the fuel delivery and vacuum tubes (the car wouldn't even start). The front clamshell was cracked from an accident, and repainted with what looks like a spraycan. The front difusser was not the factory one as shown on the pictures, but an aftermarket unit that has little to no aerodynamic characteristics. Lastly, the mycron 3 and radical gauges were partially un-wired and did not function.

I reached out to mark numerous times to either return the car to him, or obtain some kind of compensation for all the repairs needed. He dodged me for months and then told me to sue him, because it was sold as is...

I have bought 4 race cars sight unseen and never had someone hide the condition of a car if there was work needed work.

The guy lacks character and should not be supported.

Liked: 52

Default Mike B...

When should we expect to see the schedule for the East? Many of us are currently in the process of putting together our 2013 schedules. Thanks.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Wouldn't it be all the Nationals in the SE? I think that's the way it was before...

Liked: 706

Quote Originally Posted by Zcurves View Post
    When should we expect to see the schedule for the East? Many of us are currently in the process of putting together our 2013 schedules. Thanks.
    Just waiting for a couple puzzle pieces to fall into place. I had really hoped to have it published by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Lane View Post
    Wouldn't it be all the Nationals in the SE? I think that's the way it was before...
    In previous years it was all Nationals, throughout the US. 2013 will consist of 5 specific double weekends plus the Runoffs.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Cool - I had a question you just answered

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    Just waiting for a couple puzzle pieces to fall into place. I had really hoped to have it published by now.

In previous years it was all Nationals, throughout the US. 2013 will consist of 5 specific double weekends plus the Runoffs.
    I was concerned that the June Sprints would be part of the USF1000 Championship.
    I have a little beef that many of you are familiar with, namely the running of the two largest events in the SCCA calender at the same track.

My guess:
    Sebring
    COTA
    Rd Atl
    VIR
    Mid Ohio
    RO's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information