Liked: 4

Default Maybe I should try road racing

fall weathery hillclimb http://youtu.be/F_mRpwWreXw

Liked: 5

Default Maby you should try auto x

the speeds are lower and less chance of destroying the car LOL only kidding too bad you crashed.

Liked: 3787

You may not think so, but you are one lucky sumbitch.

I guess ten people have already told you... if you would have released the brakes and turned left, you might have made it around the corner...

I think roll cages should be mandatory for hill climbs.

Liked: 4

Truth be told, I braked before the turn ,THOUGHT I downshifted into 2nd , turned in , got back on it but it was in 4th .... realized I wasn't going to make it and hit the brakes.
    Impact at 6mph.. very minor damage.
    20 minutes later (hammer and duct tape) the car was back up the hill with my now famous co -driver Captain Dan. The local paper captured this shot.

This car is built like a tank. We really enjoy it !

Liked: 3787

Obviously, the number on the rear wing says it all.

Liked: 20

That's just a little bump when it comes to hills

This is a crash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on3RxOpGNYA&sns=em
    Mark Filip

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by tmurph View Post
    Truth be told, I braked before the turn ,THOUGHT I downshifted into 2nd , turned in , got back on it but it was in 4th .... realized I wasn't going to make it and hit the brakes.
    Impact at 6mph.. very minor damage.
    20 minutes later (hammer and duct tape) the car was back up the hill with my now famous co -driver Captain Dan. The local paper captured this shot.

This car is built like a tank. We really enjoy it !
    Hi Timm,

That is why I think FM makes a good hillclimb car - it's built solid and robust.

The camera angle makes your impact look worse than it was. This past spring was my first time at Weatherly so I'm certainly no expert. Turn 2 is pretty tight and, if you watch and listen you can hear the brakes squeal as you approach the turn, but it appears and sounds as if you got back in the throttle a tad too early.

The picture of Dan coming across "The Jump" scares me more than your "slow impact" at turn 2. Looking at the picture, the car crests the hill at an awkward attitude and is pointed to the left and the deep culvert that Kurt went into a couple of years ago. Bowland showed me a much better way to approach the jump that has the car landing pointed straight up the road to the next turn.
    Since my "air" brakes don't work very well and traction while airbourne is extremely limited, I am going to limit my flying to a much lower altitude.
    Hope to see you guys next season.
    Last edited by Dave Cutchins; 11.18.12 at 11:46 AM. Reason: grammer
    Dave Cutchins
    Stohr F-1000

Liked: 13

Default Shifting

Tim,

Second is next to fourth! Shift, shift!!! Jump is best done by turning below the jump aiming the right front with the white line and wheels squared to horizon. Car usually lands with left side on double yellow and pointed towards turn 6.

Rich

Thread Information