Liked: 2

Default Neil Brown F3 Mugen XH6 Lowline kit of parts

Neil Brown Mugen XH6 (lowline) F3 engine. Dallara installation.
    This engine was new about four years ago and used for two years. It is complete with all ancillaries, engine loom, induction and engine management. No airbox or exhaust.

However the block has a hole in it and one piston and con rod are missing. There is some small damage to the sump and one combustion chamber which I am sure is repairable.

US$ 3,750.

historicf2@btinternet.com

Banned
    Liked: 0

this is a great wine rack
    the cost to try to rebuild the motor will be the same as buying a fresh rebuild motor
    throw in the fact NBE do not sell parts so you will need to make all the parts you need i will be hard road ahead
    i have rebuilt blown F3 spiess and it was cheaper to buy a fresh motor so i have been there got the track record

Default geeting a bit confuse...

i'm getting a bit confuse on the rebuilders of the mugen f3 engines, so you have the mugen motorsports in japan who only rebuilds japan based f3 engines? right? then you have the neil brown mugen engines who rebuilds engines for the european based engines? right? then there's also toda racing who competes in japan and also rebuilds mugen engines? right? how to know which engine rebuilder the engine came from???

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Quote Originally Posted by philippinemotorsports View Post
    how to know which engine rebuilder the engine came from???
    Simple,

Only buy from an established and known engine builder straight off the dyno. Anything else is a pig in a poke.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 23

Oh- only a hole in the block? I thought it might have been something serious!

I would think the best way to run an F3 car in the US would be one with VW power, and Bertils doing the overhauls...

Liked: 190

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Lane View Post
    ......... with VW power, and Bertils doing the overhauls...
    Bertil is retired, the doors closed a couple years ago.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Lane View Post
    Oh- only a hole in the block? I thought it might have been something serious!

I would think the best way to run an F3 car in the US would be one with VW power, and Bertils doing the overhauls...

Standard road car block. Get one from someone parting out.

Default Broken XH6

Does this engine come with all the pieces with exception of block , valves, piston, conrod and head needing repair? I mean all dry sump pieces pump and ITB , starter motor and air intakes are with the engine?
    I believe XH6 base engine is H22A closed deck but if the crank is damaged then there are no help but I need F20B engine from UK or Japan. There may be JDM F20B engine may be available but they are open decks and I may not be able to use it. If you can find out if it is based on H22A or F20B and closed deck or open deck as H22A later blocks are open decks, that will be great.

Default Mugen XJ6

Quote Originally Posted by shifter997 View Post
    Does this engine come with all the pieces with exception of block , valves, piston, conrod and head needing repair? I mean all dry sump pieces pump and ITB , starter motor and air intakes are with the engine?
    I believe XH6 base engine is H22A closed deck but if the crank is damaged then there are no help but I need F20B engine from UK or Japan. There may be JDM F20B engine may be available but they are open decks and I may not be able to use it. If you can find out if it is based on H22A or F20B and closed deck or open deck as H22A later blocks are open decks, that will be great.
    First my apologies. I have just noticed that ad was placed as an XH6 whereas it is an XJ6.

It is based on an H22 closed deck block. However for the XJ6 the top of the block is machine away to reduce its height and a closer plate inserted. Clearly the value of the block is to have the pattern to machine another one up from a road car donor.

All the dry sump parts are there, sump for Dallara installation and oil pump. All the induction system is there but for the air box. Cam cover is one piece complete with ears for Dallara installation.

The crank is in fine order as are the three pistons and three rods.

There is not a starter motor.

If you email historicf2@btinternet.com I can send some pics.

Default XJ6 engine

I don't know too much about NBE engines. I thought XH6 were developed from 1996 to 2000 which are based on H22A engines, which were derived from Mugen MF204B's. These engines are decked. XJ6 engines are based on F20C engines from S2000, called MF204C utilizing aluminum block engines.
    So I believe that you are still correct. If you have XJ6 engines, that will be very rare indeed. Can you check if the block is steel or aluminum?

Default XH6 engines

I am sorry I made a mistake. All Mugen engines are alloys/ Aluminum.

Default Mugen

Quote Originally Posted by shifter997 View Post
    I don't know too much about NBE engines. I thought XH6 were developed from 1996 to 2000 which are based on H22A engines, which were derived from Mugen MF204B's. These engines are decked. XJ6 engines are based on F20C engines from S2000, called MF204C utilizing aluminum block engines.
    So I believe that you are still correct. If you have XJ6 engines, that will be very rare indeed. Can you check if the block is steel or aluminum?

I do have an XH6 as well but not for sale. It clearly has H22A marked on it half way up the block right hand rear.

The block that the XJ6 is built on I have to admit does not have H22A marked on it in that position or anywhere. However it does not any other model number either.

In nearly all regards both blocks appear to be of similar origin.

Thread Information