Banned
    Liked: 2

Default 2012 Dallara-Toyota F312

Some beautiful speed shots of the new Dallara F312 in Spanish F3. You can clearly see Formula 1's direct and heavy influence in the Formula 3's design with the very high nose and zero keel tub.

Other noticeable similarities are the scaled down vertical fin on the engine cover, very high sidepod entry for larger radiators and very rounded sidepod covers especially tapering towards the back.

Sidepod chimneys are gone, rear tire ramps and only a single vertical vane for a cleaner sidepod area ala Formula 1 rules. Higher mounted top wishbones producing the now common hump in the higher nose section, and a larger wheel hub design are all new for this year's next generation line.

Liked: 0

I'm a huge Formula 1 fan, I watch it all the time on Speed, follow it religiously. I think that a Formula 3 car is probably the closest thing to a Formula 1 car that a regular person can buy and run comfortably. The cars look simply awesome!

Thread Information