Liked: 3

Default Need Some F1000 Championship Clarification

I want to run a full season in the F1000 Championship for 2013. After quick search I realized there is no info about the Championship at all. All websites pointing to the championship do not work, redirect somewhere else, or simply display some funny text message.

Can someone tell me where to find all info and schedule for 2013. I'm in the East. Thanks in advance.

Also, there is no way for me to open up a new thread in the F1000 Championship forum, but it's possible for me to open one up in the F1000 Pro Series. Can someone help me out with that?

Liked: 23

If what you are talking about is the F1000 Champ series, it's gone. It was a very painful part of 2012 where all the competitors were basically relieved of most of their disposable income, and maybe then some...

For 2013, Mike Beauchamp will be putting together a championship series to be run with SCCA Nationals, culminating in a National Champion crowned at the runoffs. Pretty sure that's the way it'll go.

Stay tuned here.....

Liked: 702

This might be a bit confusing (I believe it was intended to be) but here we go:

The F1000 Championship was a "pro" series created by Jon Lewis. It was intended to run in conjunction with SCCA Pro at high profile weekends. It ran one high profile weekend and one not-so-high profile weekend and collapsed. Spend a couple hours reading threads here and you'll figure out why.

The F1000 National Championship is a championship run within SCCA Club racing at existing events. It has been operating for the last 5 years and in previous years, it included all national races in the US with the best 6 races counting toward a nationwide championship. In 2013, it will concentrate on 5-6 double weekends plus the Runoffs, likely all east of the Mississippi. The schedule is not announced because various regions have not finalized their schedules. I'm also working on sponsorship but don't want to announce anything until it is in place. Again, read the "pro" series threads and you'll see why. My hope is to secure enough sponsorship to make those 5-6 weekends more than just another club weekend. Fingers crossed.

The West Coast Pro Series has also been operating for the last 4-5 years and also focuses on several specific events. I assume they plan to do something similar in 2013. My hope is that more of their drivers will attend the Runoffs as some sort of "East-West Challenge."

Make sense?
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Nicholas and I are working on a revamping of our West Coast F1000 Pro Series for 2013. The format will basically be unchanged (5 weekends, 10 races) primarily run alongside the SCCA National race program. However we are looking to introduce significant improvements in 2013. Stay tune because many things that have been in the works we may be able to announce soon.

Liked: 3

Thanks on the update.

Mike, if your F1000 National Championship is going to run in the East Cost I would like to join. Will there be anything special required in order to run it next year?

What are my other options besides the championships/series listed above? SCCA Regionals Formula B is the only option?

Thomas, thanks but I won't be able to run anything in the West for now.

Thread Information