Thread: Work Wheels...

Banned
    Liked: 2

Default Work Wheels...

Formula 3 incorporates many manufacturers and parts suppliers across the whole platform. But one particular Japanese company which is not well-known is Work Company LTD. which produces these beautiful magnesium forged wheels that are only run with compatriot Toda Racing Team.

With 6 other Formula 3 wheel suppliers, (ATS, BBS, OZ, Speedline, Rays, Taneisya) there certainly is no shortage of parts supply, designs to choose from, color choices, cast or forged preferences, or nationalistic appeal. But for Work to supply only 1 race team is selling themselves short as their design looks great, even their GT wheels. Hopefully a future F3 team here will run their wheels.

Banned
    Liked: 0

Work wheels i have on my F3 car in UK they are made by Ray
    i have had wheels for 10 years form Ray/ Work
    look super sexy on the car but buckle easily with wheel to wheel dice
    not cheap to buy either
    best wheels is OZ if you race in tough environment
    Speedline 3 spoke is also good but they now make a wheel that looks like Ray/work but tougher

I have many wheels coming and going for sale all makes colours

Banned

But aren't Rays and Work two separate companies? These Work wheels seem to be very rare set. I can't find many pictures of them. I know you Brits are partial to your Speedline ofcourse

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by prestonparke View Post
    Work wheels i have on my F3 car in UK they are made by Ray
    i have had wheels for 10 years form Ray/ Work
    look super sexy on the car but buckle easily with wheel to wheel dice
    not cheap to buy either
    best wheels is OZ if you race in tough environment
    Speedline 3 spoke is also good but they now make a wheel that looks like Ray/work but tougher

I have many wheels coming and going for sale all makes colours
    This is a Rays wheel. You will notice that the 'cut outs' are uniform whereas on the Work wheels they are not. Only every other cut out is the same.

Banned

I've seen Rays wheels before, they are very nice, almost bought a new set myself. But are they both the same company Work and Rays as per prestonparke's earlier posting?

The designs are both very similar, (barring the spoke thickness as you mentioned) both are forged, both are magnesium, both even come mostly in gold, (but Rays does offer other colors).

BTW, your picture doesn't expand or blow up to a large size when you click on it, not sure why?

Thread Information