Banned
    Liked: 2

Default 1995 Dallara-Fiat F395

[FONT=Verdana]Car is very well maintained, body in great condition with good panel-fit. 1995 is the first year of the regulation jabroc wood plank bottoms. The first floor shovel provides center-car downforce.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Car has done very little running, only Hillclimbs which are 10–15 km’s each so the engine has less than 700 km’s (435 mls) on it. The timing belt has been replaced and brake pads are new.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]For Sale at $25,700 OBO

Reduced to $23,000 OBO

Reduced to $21,000 OBO
    [/FONT]
    Last edited by Canadian Formula 3 Championship; 12.28.12 at 10:41 AM.

Banned

Default Price Reduction...

Car buyers on Apex should take note of this car. It's a very nice car for this money, now reduced 10% to $23,000 OBO. Engine is fresh and hardly used, color scheme looks good too. When you're comparing price per performance with other formula cars, how can this not be an attractive option.

Liked: 11

Who are the engine builders in North America that know how to tune or have parts to rebuild a Fiat Abarth F3 motor? What would they charge for a normal rebuild. How quickly could I get a water pump if that started leaking a week before a race?

Banned

Default Alot of Questions for Alot of Answers...

For the Fiat motor specifically I have been talking with Fiat Powertrain Technologies, (FPT) about supporting engines by sub-contracting the rebuilds on both sides of the border, USA and Canada so team or car owners don't have any extra import duties, tax costs, or logistic fees with transporting engines back-and-forth over the border.

This business model of using qualified, comparable engine rebuilders like a McLaren Performance Tuning, (MPT), Quicksilver, Ilmor or Alpine-America both in USA and Canada for various engine makes is by far much more cost-effective than shipping them back to the original European tuner.

Every complete car and/or separate engine that we bring here to North America will never be sent back to Europe for rebuilds or repair. Every other formula engines here in the USA are subbed out to many independent engine rebuilders. These mechanics work on so many different types of race engines, and they are very talented enough I'm sure to do ours.

The charge for rebuilding these F3 motors would be the same that anyone else would be paying for whichever engine that they are running. Average mean price between $7,000 - $9,000 for engine rebuilds. Translate that rebuild cost to 3,000 mls - 6,000 mile rebuild intervals and you have a very healthy engine for years of running.

You won't have to touch the engine as compared to yearly rebuild intervals of other motors at those same rebuild costs. Formula 3 engines have much cheaper costs via its longer term approach. For parts that are commonly-used during a race weekend, we'll have a parts truck trackside at race venues to service any of our race teams.

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Formula 3 Championship View Post
    For parts that are commonly-used during a race weekend, we'll have a parts truck trackside at race venues to service any of our race teams.
    Uuuumm I'm interested in More info.

Having parted with 2 of My open wheel cars, and downing sizing, the F3 Gig has caught My eye.

I would love to hear of :
    Who's We?
    Venues?
    Schedule?
    How many cars are currently slated to compete in the Canadain F3 Championship 2013?
    later Gord
    BTW...only toilets need doors
    www.blurredvisionracing.com

Banned

Default Gord...

Sure, since you're in Canada too, it would be great top have another nationalistic team. We...the Series organizers will have the truck with consignment parts to support teams.

Venues...starting off, I would like to make it as easy as possible for teams in the Northeast region to get to race venues so by concentrating venues within' a small diameter ensures healthy grids via small travel distances for race teams. (please see image)

Schedule...we will be support races during promoted raced weekends such as Porsche Cup Canada, CASCAR, CTCC, Grand AM, etc. It would be too expensive to rent everything for any formula to have their own free-standing event with no fan base nor media present.

Cars...we will start with having 5+ cars running in the open Formula Libre Series next year as a precursor to spinning off from Libre and launching our own real Formula 3 Championship in 2014 with atleast 12+ cars. It'll take a year or more to build up the Formula 3 marketplace here.

The Formula Libre Series is a good avenue for new car buyers to run their cars under no pressure, learn Formula 3 technology, and prepare themselves for a true Championship the following year.

Formula Libre also is a good platform to demonstrate the performance of a Formula 3 car compared to other open-wheel categories, (Atlantic, F2000, F1000, Formula Renault, Formula Mazda) that are running on that same weekend.

There should be a spike in car orders as competitors see the Top 5 places annexed by Formula 3 cars and no one wants to race for 6th, 7th or 10th place ofcourse. It's all about seeing these cars in the flesh to peak interest in buyers.

BTW...my brother's and my own nickname is "Gord" because of Gordon Gekko when I worked in financial institutions during the good years.

Liked: 3

Hhhmmmmm......thanks for the answers (or lack of)

I'm not prepared to jump into something so "vague"

Currently Your responces are not making any sense.

I asked about "We"

I asked about "venues"

Are all the above Venues booked?

From what is offered back, is lacking anything concrete.

Myself I can "say" I'm runing the fricken 24 of Lemans.............but We both know that takes some obsene amounts of $$$$$$$$

Google My name and"I" exist, when I google "We" it's a crap shoot

I'd love to play Ball BUT......... throw Me a bone before I spend 30ish K+
    Last edited by gord leach; 10.30.12 at 8:56 PM.
    later Gord
    BTW...only toilets need doors
    www.blurredvisionracing.com

Banned

Default wha...

jeez...I thought I gave you very thorough answers, and not "vague" input. I even posted up our target region for race venues and demographic area. Those are the venues, they are listed in that JPEG on the leftside column and you can plainly see them there...yes?

Why would I book race venues now for race weekends for the 2014 season? As I previously said, we will have new car owners run and learn in Formula Libre events, they book their own Series with circuit venues. They ran this past year with 15+ various open-wheel cars.

You say my "responces are not making any sense." but there it is, how can it not? It takes 1 to 2 years to build up a good Series, especially since I'll have to import all the cars and equipment from Europe to establish our own Formula 3 marketplace similar to Atlantic here.

Banned

Default Canada Unite!...

Gord...good sharing that beer with ya' call me anytime you need for any more questions.

Thread Information