Liked: 942

Default HSR West Sold to SVRA

http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.ns...df?OpenElement

Reported on SVRA site, no reciprocal announcement on HSR West yet.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 268

Default HSR- West sold to SVRA

HSR announced this about a week or so ago. According to the announcement Ed Swart will continue to run the organisation for the next few years. Ed has done a great job to provide the opportunity to race and appreciate the cars we have without the politics that so often invade groups as sometimes happens. Hope this association continues the efforts Ed created for all of us. Thank you, Ed.

Liked: 29

Default HSR West

Below is the notice from Ed that was sent out last month.

While I have run limited events with HSR West, the events have always been great and the racers even better. More importantly, my wife and family love the events and the racers. SVRA will have a large task keeping the HSR West membership as happy as Ed does.

Great job Ed!

[FONT=Courier]Dear HSR West member,,

We want to update you on some changes that will take place after our last race on November 16-18, the 4th. Palm Springs Revival at the Chuckwalla Valley Raceway.
    HSR West has been bought by the new owner of SVRA, Mr. Tony Parella. The sale will take place on November 30, 2012 and from that date on we will be called SVRA-West.

I will still be running the organization for at least 2 or 3 years and other than the name and ownership not much will change. I am very pleased to see HRS-West become part of SVRA and I am looking forward to managing SVRA-West.
    All the HSR-West members will automatically become SVRA-West members and new cards will be issued.
    Our goal is to improve our 2013 race schedule with more quality events and better participation.
    The current HSR-West rules and regs will stay in place for 2013 and if any changes are going to take place we will advise you far ahead.

I created HSR-West in 1999 now 14 years ago and we organized 89 events, registered 8000 plus entries and signed up almost 1000 members.
    A great thank you to all our staff people that helped us over the 14 years and they will continue to be part of the SVRA-West staff.
    Also a big thank you to the members / drivers that supported HSR-West in the 14 years and hopefully in the years to come with SVRA-West.

The new owner Tony Parella will be at our last event at CVR, racing his 1958 Corvette, so please join us for this very last HSR-West event.
    We will make it a very special one!!!

Ed Swart
    HSR West.[/FONT]

Liked: 942

Glad to hear things will continue. We sure enjoyed the HSR West "Formula Ford The Series" guys at the SCCA Laguna Vintage event in 2011.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Thread Information