Thread: Rear Drums

Liked: 1869

Default Rear Drums

As most of you FV guys know by now, Bob Lybarger is retiring and closing his shop at the end of October. For the last 15 years or so, I've supplied Bob with the rear brake drums that most of you have been using.

A new order of castings is in the works, with 50 or so being poured sometime around the end of November/early December. Production timing, with the trade shows and holiday interferences, will mean that they will be available to ship out sometime in the middle of January.

We had looked for another person to act as the stocker and dealer for these, but after finally looking at the massive rise in my costs over the last 15 years, I saw that there was no way to hold the final sale price to the same $135 if I raised my price to the dealer.

Because of that, I will be acting as the stocker and dealer (reluctantly! ) in order to keep the price to you the same.

Bob apparently has commitments now for at least 32 drums, and will shortly be passing on that list to me.

In the meantime, feel free to contact me at rpare@prodigy.net if you wish to confirm an existing order or place a new one.

As with all of my racing parts sales, payment will be up front before shipping, either by credit card, check, or Paypal. No exceptions, sorry!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Default Drums are here

The drum castings have arrived (54 of 'em) and are now on the lathe. I'll be running them rather slowly over the next week or so since I am actually in a shop shut-down trying to organize and upgrade this place, so delivery will still be sometime in the first 2 weeks of January.

If you aren't on the reserved list already, do so soon - 40 drums are already spoken for, and the next batch won't be until later in the spring, IF there is a call for more this year.

Drums will be done machining by New Years, and head to the broachers on Thursday, so I should get them back within 2 weeks from then (second week of January), so we are right on schedule so far.

Drums are at the broacher. Should get back by the end of next week (hopefully!).

Drums are supposed to arrive here sometime this afternoon, so I will be finishing them up today and Saturday to ship out on Monday.

Those on the list already (and any new customers) please call the shop (1-317-273-0089) to give me your CC# and address.

Thanks.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 4

Richard, any plans for a run of spindles? I won't use the Chinese junk out there.

Dave

No plans on spindles at this time - the steel foundry that poured them for me went out of business 8 or so years ago. Once I get a big milling machine I have here up and running (it was in a LOT worse shape than I thought when I bought it), I'll probably at least look at machining them from solid and see just how long it takes. Probably will be at least another year before that happens.

Default Drums shipped

Shipped out to all but one guy today who wants to delay his until March;

Kitzmiller
    VanDeCar
    Carone
    Vrchota
    Felson
    Ruckman
    Sullivan
    Filip
    Swinehart
    Farnum
    Ferreira
    Blanarik

Three drums left from this batch. Looks like I'll probably set up another batch for May.

Edit: One left as of this morning. looks like I'll need to get another batch going right away.

Edit:

Last one left today as well.
    Last edited by R. Pare; 01.22.13 at 9:18 PM.

Another 50 castings are on order. Probably will be early May before they are ready to deliver.

Liked: 20

Got mine today they look outstanding!

Thank you
    Mark Filip

Liked: 174

Got mine Wednesday!

Mark

Thread Information